PayPal Chargeback INSANITY (need your feedback)

Hello everyone,

Looking to seak advice here. In my 15 years of online business this is one of the worst situations I have seen.

A client orders a product from me ($220). Everything setup and completed. 50+ days later I get a chargeback.

We have all been there, the worst part of online business is the seller has 0 power. So I provide evidence and await for the standard "we have sided with the buyer and refunded the payment".

Today I get a notice from PayPal:

The buyer changed the amount they are disputing. The original dispute amount was $220.60 USD, and this was changed to $4,047.21 USD. This change will affect the amount debited from your PayPal account.

We understand you may not have been expecting this change. If this debit has made your PayPal account balance show an amount owing to us, please restore your balance.
I have never seen of heard of this ever happening and some how PayPal are accepting this?

Thanks,
Jack

Should be simple enough to ask Paypal to review incoming payments from that period and user, to see if there's any indication they'd paid that amount. Frankly they should also be asking the seller for proof, but that's a lot to ask. 

Update: PayPal have said the $4,047.24 is Rand (the client is from Africa). But their email states $4,047.21 USD hence my concern.

So the issue is PayPal not displaying the correct currency.

4 hours ago, zomex said:

To be honest with you I saw red flags from this client from the start. But I let it slide thinking maybe I was being too strict. My last chargeback was well over a year ago.

Will keep a closer eye on things.

Chargebacks are the #@!%'n worst 🤬