custom css not showing on twenty-one child theme

Go to solution Solved by Evolve Web Hosting,

Hi all,

It appears the custom.css is not applying to any of my twenty-one child themes. I cloned the theme and then started to edit it but most css needs to be edited on theme.min.css or theme.css.

I even created a custom page using Creating Pages - WHMCS Developer Documentation

However that's not picking up my custom.css.

Any ideas would greatly be helpful.  page is https://order.monster-it.co.uk/tos.php

Posted (edited)

Yet for some reason any amendments or changes in the custom.css does not show it's taking it all from theme.min.css, even though i've added !important at the end any ideas why?

I can manually put the styling on the tpl page and it shows fine but if i move it to my custom.css and breaks everything for that page.

for now the styling is placed in theme.min.css which is not ideal and will have to re add everytime it's updated.

Edited by monsterit
added more info

13 minutes ago, Evolve Web Hosting said:

@monsterit what is the contents of your theme.yaml file?

# WHMCS Monster Theme Configuration File

name: "Monster Theme"
description: "AMended and custom theme from WHMCS 2021"
author: "WHMCS Limited & Monster IT"
properties:
  serverSidePagination: false # Defines client side will handle pagination
provides:
  bootstrap: 4.5.3
  jquery: 1.12.4
  fontawesome: 5.10.1

• Solution
Posted (edited)

@monsterit Add this right above Properties

config:
  parent: "twenty-one"

It allows you to only copy the files that you want to modify into your custom theme folder (for example if you're not editing login.tpl then you don't need to copy the twenty-one version of login.tpl into the custom theme folder. Hopefully that gets you on the right track.

The 'name' in your theme.yaml file is different than what you are showing in your source code. 'Monster Theme' vs. 'MonsterITTheme' so update your theme.yaml name to 'MonsterITTheme'

Edited by Evolve Web Hosting

26 minutes ago, Evolve Web Hosting said:

@monsterit Add this right above Properties

config:
  parent: "twenty-one"

It allows you to only copy the files that you want to modify into your custom theme folder (for example if you're not editing login.tpl then you don't need to copy the twenty-one version of login.tpl into the custom theme folder. Hopefully that gets you on the right track.

The 'name' in your theme.yaml file is different than what you are showing in your source code. 'Monster Theme' vs. 'MonsterITTheme' so update your theme.yaml name to 'MonsterITTheme'

I've amended that now to have config etc on it and the right theme name.  So now it should pickup only what i've changed in terms of files?

4 minutes ago, monsterit said:

I've amended that now to have config etc on it and the right theme name.  So now it should pickup only what i've changed in terms of files?

Yes, it should. Just clear your template cache and you might need to check it in a private window at first in case browser caching interferes.

1 hour ago, monsterit said:

Nope, If I don't have every file/css/js and breaks the entire layout.

@monsterit That isn't typical behavior because I have it setup the same way that I'm telling you to set yours up. Something else is going on that is going to be hard to troubleshoot without FTP access. I am not asking for access though. My guess is that something is still wrong within the theme.yaml file.

2 minutes ago, Evolve Web Hosting said:

@monsterit That isn't typical behavior because I have it setup the same way that I'm telling you to set yours up. Something else is going on that is going to be hard to troubleshoot without FTP access. I am not asking for access though. My guess is that something is still wrong within the theme.yaml file.

Could you share your theme.yaml file with me if possible please.  I just took a clone of twenty-one and then started changing it.