"Separated Invoice Viewing and Management" = Unnecessary extra steps...

Invoices in the WHMCS Admin Area now default to a view-only mode. This prevents accidental editing while viewing an invoice and gives admins more fine-grained control over staff permissions.

1) I do not find this helpful nor warranted.   Just adds extra steps to managing invoices - from where have you received this wisdom that users wanted this "feature"

2) Give us the ability to turn this "feature" off - or at least to view invoice line items by clicking on the "total " amount in the invoices.php?status=Unpaid admin screen

Edited by sol2010

• sol2010 changed the title to "Separated Invoice Viewing and Management" = Unnecessary extra steps...
  • WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @sol2010,

This feature was added in response to feedback we received from users directly, particularly from larger organisations for whom it is not desirable for all staff should have the ability to edit invoices.

A "Manage" button is provided on all invoice list interfaces to access the invoice management screen one one click, same as before.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2024 at 7:51 AM, WHMCS John said:

Hi @sol2010,

This feature was added in response to feedback we received from users directly, particularly from larger organisations for whom it is not desirable for all staff should have the ability to edit invoices.

A "Manage" button is provided on all invoice list interfaces to access the invoice management screen one one click, same as before.

Thank you for your response John.  Good to see feature requests are actually getting some attention, I would love to see the feature request in question that you claim is so popular for this "feature". 

Personally, I think it's just more wasted time with added steps required to do what I always did before.  Why not make it optional - like you do with other capabilities in the staff role section ?

It is decisions like this that alienates us, your customers, because the logic has not been thought through correctly.

Don't you have focus groups whom you can ask about whether the feature will work - prior to deploying it ?

Meanwhile, multiple other truly important features - such as the Project Management module - get completely ignored for years and years.