Google duplicate content report

Hello,

Had this report from Google:

Duplicate without user-selected canonical
These pages aren't indexed or served on Google

See attached for the URLS in question. But these URLS are not valied. I cannot see anywhere on my site that is linking to these URLs including the /page/ in the URL.

Does anyone have any ideas or have seen this before?

Thanks.

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 15.24.45.png

On 2/28/2024 at 9:29 AM, zomex said:

Update, I can see this URL is used for announcement pages.

My site goes upto page 62, unsure where Google is finding the above numbered URLS.

Honestly, why not just exclude all these /announcements/page/# pages in robots.txt or similar? I can't see the value of having these types of archives indexed. The content of a page like /announcements/page/2 would continuously be changed by successive announcement posts, so I would think it would be hard for it to really have many unique search terms that would apply consistently.

If I'm wrong, I would love to know about it. I won't profess to be an expert in this particular subject.

On 3/2/2024 at 6:45 AM, Remitur said:

Are you experiencing the same issue on Bing too, or only on Google?

I don't really check Bing so unsure.

On 3/7/2024 at 4:50 PM, radwebhosting said:

Honestly, why not just exclude all these /announcements/page/# pages in robots.txt or similar? I can't see the value of having these types of archives indexed. The content of a page like /announcements/page/2 would continuously be changed by successive announcement posts, so I would think it would be hard for it to really have many unique search terms that would apply consistently.

If I'm wrong, I would love to know about it. I won't profess to be an expert in this particular subject.

Thanks for that. I agree and have used the following in robots.txt:

User-Agent: *
Disallow: /clients/announcements/page/*

I hope this will resolve the issue.