How am I still getting email from a blocked address?

wildhoster

Oh, Eric the spammer. He's a pain, for sure. 
I found the email blocks ineffective, but the phrase ones seem to catch him out all the time. Haven't had one go through in some time. 

As for why it got past, that's a good question. Might be he's found some header trick?

38 minutes ago, bear said:

Oh, Eric the spammer. He's a pain, for sure. 
I found the email blocks ineffective, but the phrase ones seem to catch him out all the time. Haven't had one go through in some time. 

As for why it got past, that's a good question. Might be he's found some header trick?

It's bizarre. An email address is either blocked or it isn't, right?

36 minutes ago, DennisHermannsen said:

Spam Control only applies to emails IIRC.

If someone submits a ticket from your website, Spam Control doesn't run.

We only allow logged in users to do tickets, so maybe that is what's happened there.
We get most of those via contact form, which also pipes to the desk. The fact it pipes causes it to be seen and blocked.

Just now, bear said:

We only allow logged in users to do tickets, so maybe that is what's happened there.

An easy way to see if a ticket was piped/imported from email or created using the ticket form is to check for an IP address at the end of the client's request. If there is an IP, it was submitted from the website.