WHMCS Into Site Design

Adds

WHMCS uses the template system (tpl files) to assemble pages. Once you understand how this works, it is quite easy to edit WHMCS to look like your site.

You have your WHMCS installed in the /billing directory (for others reading, the /billing directory is the install path for WHMCS in this particular instance) and you are using the PORTAL theme template (which I really like).

To edit the header (assuming your somewhat familiar with php and how php dynamically generates pages) you must edit the /billing/templates/portal/header.tpl and to edit the footer, in the same directory, but footer.tpl. To edit your homepage (/billing) in the same directory but homepage.tpl.

The style.css is in /billing/templates/portal/ directory.

If you want to create a custom page that fits in with the portal theme and for your breadcrumbnav to work properly refer to this post...

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=8226

Basically the TPL files contain the html code for your site and the php files in WHMCS basically are used to integrate a page into the theme template system.

Basically, because of the functionality of the portal system I set my main page to whmcsinstalldir/ and edited the TPL files to make it my site. To see the main page for your site go to...

http://www.ewhosting.co.uk/billing/whmcs/index.php

One last thing... To edit your breadcrumbnav and other variables edit the english.txt (or whatever language you use) in the /billing/lang/ directory.

If you need more details just shout...

Cheers,

DannZegos

Make sure you read the manual as bear recommends, t's quite good concerning the customizations that you can do with whmcs. Take a look at my site - dotex, i'm still working on it but it just shows the minimal integration/customization you need to do to retain ur site's identity.

NB. The main site run on Joomla by the way.

• 2 years later...
Make sure you read the manual as bear recommends, t's quite good concerning the customizations that you can do with whmcs. Take a look at my site - dotex, i'm still working on it but it just shows the minimal integration/customization you need to do to retain ur site's identity.

NB. The main site run on Joomla by the way.

Hi,

Would you mind sharing the steps (or at least first steps) to copy a joomla template to whmcs? Particularly, how do I copy the middle section of the template that's not the header or footer?

Hi,

Would you mind sharing the steps (or at least first steps) to copy a joomla template to whmcs? Particularly, how do I copy the middle section of the template that's not the header or footer?

You'd be better off starting your own thread. This one has been dead for a while now.