Again 30% Price Hike for WHMCS License

GoogieHost

We met the WebPros Team in Thailand this year and thought they would increase the charges this year as well. I just received an email notification that WHMCS license pricing has increased by 30% from Jan 2024. 

We are planning to hire in-house development team to customise the billing solution. 2023 will be the last year with Web Pros Products if companies like Hostinger can grow without using even a single product of this group, then we can do the some. 

As a small company we have this license since 2009. As a matter of fact it is an Owned license. We forced to change over to monthly at first. I'm not sure what we can or will do. Any suggestions about changing to something more ethical? ( I know there are other points to look at as well.)

If you can post here systems which would do almost the same, this would help others as well who cannot accept this behavior. Thanks

On 9/28/2023 at 3:21 PM, GoogieHost said:

We met the WebPros Team in Thailand this year and thought they would increase the charges this year as well. I just received an email notification that WHMCS license pricing has increased by 30% from Jan 2024. 

We are planning to hire in-house development team to customise the billing solution. 2023 will be the last year with Web Pros Products if companies like Hostinger can grow without using even a single product of this group, then we can do the some. 

By no means am I a WHMCS fanboy, but I highly doubt you can hire an entire in-house development team to design and maintain something that is quality and secure so that it can replace WHMCS (apples-to-apples) for less than the cost of WHMCS, even after the pricing increase.

Good luck to you!

Have to agree on the cost comparison. The notion you can do this like Hostinger is ignoring the size of them vs you (assuming). Having many thousands (if not more) of clients in WHMCS vs creating something to fit your needs and drop the lease makes sense on that scale. Smaller providers, it probably won't.