Help to migrate clients from another hosting company

4 hours ago, ResellerWiz said:

manual migration might just be the best option

Wouldn't a lot be lost that way? You can enter their info in the new system, but they'd lose tickets, invoices and far more, no?
That is, unless you know of a way to export and then import all of that per account?

2 hours ago, bear said:

Wouldn't a lot be lost that way? You can enter their info in the new system, but they'd lose tickets, invoices and far more, no?
That is, unless you know of a way to export and then import all of that per account?

It would certainly be more complicated, but I’d rather deal with manually exporting/importing SQL data rather than connecting a nulled WHMCS to a legitimate production one and blindly running an import script. 

I'm not entirely sure there's a difference in an import script vs manually creating an SQL import, unless you intend to read, review and scrub it all. 
An import script for single users with the ability to review before finalizing would be awesome, but I only know of the one WHMCS has that is an all or nothing. 

1 hour ago, bear said:

I'm not entirely sure there's a difference in an import script vs manually creating an SQL import, unless you intend to read, review and scrub it all. 
An import script for single users with the ability to review before finalizing would be awesome, but I only know of the one WHMCS has that is an all or nothing. 

Manually examining in the SQL data and choosing what to import would give you the control over what is being imported as opposed to allowing WHMCS' automated script to just do it all in one go.

It would certainly be more time consuming, but connecting a nulled instance to a production one and using an automated import script? Nope.

22 minutes ago, bear said:

I find it hard to think like a hacker, but I don't see what could be in user data that might cause issues. The core program, sure, but user data?
I agree it would be worrisome, but I can't think of why other than the obvious. 

I'm probably just paranoid, but have seen exploits occur due to people taking things for granted, so I tend to have the 'better safe than sorry' attitude.

• 1 month later...