How to get notified of certain product orders

snake

I need to get notified when clients  order certain products, as it requires some manual work.

Normally I would use auto-release to create a ticket, but in this case I since these products already use the CPANEL module to provision the hosting aspect.

any other solution ?

Hi, no I don't use slack, isn't that basically a messaging/chat system?
I would be concerned that such messages would just get missed.

Ideally, I want to keep everything in WHMCS, at least with a ticket, it stays there open until someone deals with it

22 minutes ago, snake said:

Hi, no I don't use slack, isn't that basically a messaging/chat system?
I would be concerned that such messages would just get missed.

Ideally, I want to keep everything in WHMCS, at least with a ticket, it stays there open until someone deals with it

When integrating Slack with WHMCS, you can setup notifications in Slack to alert you for various reasons, such as when an order is created in WHMCS for a specific product.

So for your use case, it would be ideal.

Just to add: The ticket stays in WHMCS, so that is not something to worry about.

Edited by ResellerWiz

47 minutes ago, snake said:

so do you mean it will create a ticket as well when it sends the slack notification?

The ticket gets created first as it normally would and then Slack sends the notification based on the notification rules you create. 

With Slack you can send push notifications to your cell phone, so it makes it better than just email notifications. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, snake said:

i tried enabling the slack integration, but it doesn't result in a ticket being created.

Slack doesn’t create tickets, it sends notifications to Slack based on rules you create.

In Slack in WHMCS, you would create a rule for what you want to be notified for.

In your case you would create a notification rule for clients that order a specific product. 

Slack will then push a notification to your cell phone anytime a client orders that specific product.

34 minutes ago, snake said:

i'm confused then, as in your previous reply you said

I probably should have worded it better and been more specific:

When an event is triggered based on the notification rules you create in the Slack config in WHMCS, such as a ticket is created or order for a specific product is created or paid, Slack sends a push notification to your cell phone. 

Based on your first post, that would do exactly what you want by sending you a notification when certain products are ordered.

With receiving a notification on your cell, I fail to see the need of also creating a ticket for the same.

If a ticket being created is absolutely necessary, I suppose you could just use "Email" notifications in WHMCS instead of Slack and set it for the email address for your support department and that would create a ticket based on the rules you create.

Edited by ResellerWiz