ionCube Loader.  in Unknown on line 0

Good morning guys,

i have version 7.9.2 and this morning i got bellow email messages, on same server i have another whmcs version  7.10.1 and on that one i get no error message.
Any ideas why?

PHP Fatal error:  The file /home/web/public_html/crons/cron.php encoded as type [1/71] cannot be decoded by this version of the ionCube Loader.
 in Unknown on line 0

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @Anders,

To use WHMCS v7.9.2 you'll need to be running PHP 5.6 - 7.3, and the corresponding minimum version of the Ioncube loaders: https://docs.whmcs.com/System_Environment_Guide#Version_Compatibility_3

Please examine the cron.php file and make sure that the Version number shows (7.9.x) incase a newer or older version of the file is in place.

You should also confirm that the PHP and Ioncube version being used to execute cron jobs in your server meets the aforementioned requirements: https://help.whmcs.com/m/troubleshooting/l/969680-identifying-the-php-ini-used-for-in-command-line-cron-engine

Hi John,

super thx for your help i also just realized  whmcs version  7.10.1 has the same cron error i have change them both to 7,3 php still same error.

i also checked the cron.php  and is Version: 7.9.2 Version: 7.10.1 

so is it wrong ioncube version you think? i am using hostgator this is the version they offer https://www.hostgator.com/help/article/what-software-and-program-versions-does-hostgator-offer

any ideas?

Warm regards

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @Anders,

To run WHMCS in PHP 7.3, you will require a minimum of Ioncube v 10.3.1.

Please ensure that your server is executing cron jobs in PHP 7.3 with Ioncube Loaders v10.3.1 or later: https://help.whmcs.com/m/troubleshooting/l/969680-identifying-the-php-ini-used-for-in-command-line-cron-engine

Hi,

So hostgator say that they fixed the ioncube thing they said this:  

To address this issue I have updated your cron job to use the PHP binary for PHP 7.3 that is in use by your site currently. I have confirmed that the cron.php script is running without error when run by PHP 7.3 so that your script at cron.php will now be able to run its tasks as scheduled by the cron job each 30 minutes.

So now i get this messages from whmcs:

Your WHMCS is configured to perform the Daily System Cron during the hour of 9 am. However, the Daily System Cron did not execute within that hour as expected.

This may be due to the scheduled time specified in your web hosting control panel's cron entry. Please ensure your web hosting control panel executes the WHMCS System Cron (cron.php) at least once during the hour of 9 am.

If you have confirmed that setting, and you continue to receive this message, then please refer to the WHMCS Cron documentation to ensure you have itemized the appropriate command and any additional options.

Please contact WHMCS Support if you require further assistance.

but when i look in the whmcs Automation Settings i have this message:

Cron Status Ok
Last Run: 25/06/2023 06:00

what is weird as i don't get any mails regarding  Synchronisation Cron Report any ideas anyone?

Warm regards