Customer invoice modification

Go to solution Solved by WHMCS Stephen,

Hi - 

For some reason, I get a lot of complaints from customers about the red ribbon that shouts "UNPAID" at them when they open a new invoice, which is issued on the 10th of the month.  They never look at the due date, no matter how many times we tell them about it.

I would like to remove the unpaid alert and replace it with something else.

However, I am looking in the twenty-one templates and don't see where that's found in invoicepdf.tpl.  I can see it in the classic theme...  has it been moved to a new place in twenty-one?

Thanks,

Beth

5 hours ago, ElMorgan said:

Hi - 

For some reason, I get a lot of complaints from customers about the red ribbon that shouts "UNPAID" at them when they open a new invoice, which is issued on the 10th of the month.  They never look at the due date, no matter how many times we tell them about it.

I would like to remove the unpaid alert and replace it with something else.

However, I am looking in the twenty-one templates and don't see where that's found in invoicepdf.tpl.  I can see it in the classic theme...  has it been moved to a new place in twenty-one?

Thanks,

Beth

Invoice status text and color is in the first 30 lines of invoicepdf.tpl

Thank you!  I am able to change the color there.  

I would like to add a line below "UNPAID" that says, "Please check the due date."  

I may just remove the entire upper right corner if there's not a way to add that text.

Thanks so much for your help.

Beth

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II
  • Solution

Hello,

I understand that you would like to remove the Unpaid invoice status from the PDF file.

It is recommended to not remove these texts so that the customers can readily differentiate between Paid and Unpaid invoices.

Given the context and to achieve this it requires that you edit the  /templates/your active template/invoicepdf.tpl file.

The only code you will need to change for the PDF invoice to remove the red unpaid ribbon is as follows:

https://github.com/WHMCS/templates-twenty-one/blob/master/invoicepdf.tpl#L35-L36

In these lines change this to the following which will set the background of the banner and text to be white.

else {
$pdf->SetFillColor(255, 255, 255);
$pdf->SetDrawColor(255, 255, 255);
}

You can locate an overview of this at https://docs.whmcs.com/PDF_Invoice_Customisation

When working with the client area template please ensure that you create your own to preserve changes on update.

For your reference https://developers.whmcs.com/themes/getting-started/

I trust this gives you a good starting point for your customisations.

If you require further assistance with modifying this you can always consult with our friendly community of experts in our Developer Corner area at https://whmcs.community/forum/41-developer-corner/

I hope this helps.

Thanks!  I was able to change the color, but actually do agree that they should see the payment status.   They miss seeing the due date, though and call or open tickets about how they just paid or ask if the credit card was denied, etc.  It would be nice to be able to add some reassuring text there, too.  I was able to change the colors to a calming color.  I'll experiment with the information  from @pRieStaKos to see what I can do.