Package Not Allowed or Exceeded Resource/Account Allocation

pbhosting

Im getting this error when i try to create a package for a client. As far as i can tell, everything is set up properly. Its located inside my WHM area, but the billing software wont create the account and gives me:

but i have no resource or account allocation settings set. everything is wide open.

My second question is, if i want to give someone unlimited bandwidth/storage, how do i do that? ive tried -1 and 0, but it keeps kicking it out as not valid. any ideas?

James:?

but i have no resource or account allocation settings set. everything is wide open.

Do you have root WHM access or reseller access? If not root, there may be restrictions placed on the reseller account(s) that prevent overselling, creating accounts that don't have corresponding packages, feature limits, etc. This is set using the root WHM.

My second question is, if i want to give someone unlimited bandwidth/storage, how do i do that? ive tried -1 and 0, but it keeps kicking it out as not valid.

Related to above error?

the first part, is in tandem with the second problem. it wont let me create a package for the client at all. its giving me that error.

if i try a limited account, it errors out, so i tried setting it to unlimited (the client is one of my oldest, most faithful clients ive ever had) it still errors out :(

james

You misunderstand.

In WHMCS, are you connecting to the installation server as a reseller on that box to set up the end user's account, or are you connecting as the WHM root user in order to set up thier account?

For the record, if you didn't have the remote access key right, it wouldn't let you connect (unless you used the password instead). The error you get is WHM saying it won't let you set up the account because of limitations, so you're connecting.

Ok, good.

That means that you must have the package set up on the installation server in order to call and use it for this client. In other words, you can't create a custom package automatically when installing as a reseller.

Do you have the package set up on the server already?

Did you also add that same package name (exactly, as in user_packagename) in WHMCS?

mr bear, i want to thank you for all your help. i finally got it working. it was a setting somewhere else that was causing the issue.. haha i guess server security was set just a tad tooooo tight. but hey in this day and age cant ever be too protected eh?

thanks again to everyone who helped. it works great now! :) yay for whmcs!