Invoice generated with removed payment gateway

tuga

I followed your advice and activated/deactivated the payment module and the invoices now show the correct payment method. The strange part is that I did this before and somehow the removed payment method was being reused on the daily cronjob invoice generation. I'll report back here after the next cronjob. tks.

Edited by tuga

• WHMCS Technical Analyst

In past occurrences, this error has been caused  by a custom gateway leaving a hook behind for this particular payment method. 

I would recommend removing any related hooks you have within your /includes/hooks/ directory and any remnants of  the payment gateway form your /modules/gateways/  directory  and try to access the invoice again with the error.

If this doesn't help to resolve the issue, you may wish to open a support ticket and we can have a closer look. 

Hi Jimmy,

I've checked the hooks dir and didn't find any hook from to the old payment gateway. I also removed all files related to the payment gateway from /modules/gateways/.

I'd like to reinforce that it's only after the daily cronjob runs that the problem happens, before that, all is normal.

Edited by tuga

I may have found the problem. Some clients add the old payment gateway set as "defaultgateway"  on table "tblclients" and for some reason this wasn't changed when a payment gateway was removed. This may have been fixed on newer version of whmcs, but I'm still using an old one due to the many customization the system have. 

I'll report back after the next cronjob to (hopefully) confirm the problem is solved.

4 hours ago, tuga said:

I may have found the problem. Some clients add the old payment gateway set as "defaultgateway"  on table "tblclients" and for some reason this wasn't changed when a payment gateway was removed. This may have been fixed on newer version of whmcs, but I'm still using an old one due to the many customization the system have. 

I'll report back after the next cronjob to (hopefully) confirm the problem is solved.

Let us know please, does seem like odd behavior or something that was missed in development.

15 hours ago, tuga said:

This didn't solve the problem and the invoices were still generated on the daily cronjob with the old  payment gateway, but the problem was finally fixed.

We had a cronjob setting new invoices default's payment gateway to the defunct payment gateway and found it doing s text search on all files inside the public_html (grep -irwn 'gatewayname' '/home/domain/public_html')

I'm sorry for not noticing this before. Thank you very much to all of you.