Next due date not updating

Hello,

Have a question..Want to know before it happens.  Already read forums but didn't find my answer

Client purchases service 09/04/2022.  Due date 10/04/2022. Invoice goes out 09/27/2022.  Client pays on 10/02/2022

I have a subscription ID with paypal.

My question is shouldn't the next due date change and run renew module?

Or is paypal going to charge cc on 10/04/2022 and whmcs renew module runs then?  in which case customer shouldn't have paid invoice.

I might be panicing and need to wait for 10/04/2022

Hope this makes sense.  Thanks 

image.png.ad270de77ea398376330e62f53a7b75a.png

image.thumb.png.fa512dc9b735511d6dc37f87ec78555e.png

Sorry I guess confusing. Hope this helps

1. Customer payed invoice but next due date didn't change and module didn't run renew. Maybe I have to do this manually? It's not automatic like when order was first placed.

2. PayPal creates a subscription id. How does this work? Does it automatic take credit card payment? Might depend on whether they have an account?

The Next Due Date is updated automatically when the customer pays and Paypal communicates with your WHMCS.

Can you see the amount the customer has paid in your PayPal account?

A Subscription means that the customer is automatically charged and does not have to pay the invoice manually.

So 12 hours before due date paypal charged customer no invoice was created and it charged his original invoice.  So now 2 payments for original invoice.  When invoice was generated through whmcs it was correct and client paid dates were correct.  I had to run module renew and worked great invoice correct next due date changed.  I think it maybe has to due with gateway.  I have heard paypal has problems with subscriptions.  I am using paypal basic maybe I should use just Paypal the one that just does subscriptions.

I think though that i have decided to make the gateway one time payment.  Product recurring.  This seemed to work good.  Invoice sends customer 5 days ahead (or whatever) if customer pays then he gets another term if not not renewing.  I think maybe less hassle with subscriptions.  Going to try this way on next customer.