If i want whmcs be with wordpress i should i do?

ooooyeahbabe

i have public_html directory should i put wordpress directory into it? Then put Whmcs into the wordpress directory?
Is this safe? Will it affect subsequent upgrades and maintenance?

for example:
www.***.com this is the wordpress site
www.***.com/members This is the whmcs site how can I compare the implementation of security

12313.png

19 hours ago, WHMCS Kim said:

HI,

Thank you for question with regards to WordPress.

We would recommend utilising the WordPress WHMCS Bridge: https://wordpress.org/plugins/whmcs-bridge/ as this would seamlessly integrate WHMCS to your WordPress website.

I hope this helps.

How should the directory be set up? Put the Whmcs directory inside the Wordpress directory?

• WHMCS Technical Analyst

We would not advise that you place your WHMCS folder within a subfolder of another PHP script, such as, WordPress. 

One of the reasons is because, WordPress will have its own .htaccess rules implemented, which may interfere with the access and operation of subfolders below. 

Another reason would be, that each script usually expects the folders beneath them, as belonging to them.  Sometimes operations may be performed across subfolders, which would then, in turn, result in WHMCS being affected if were to be placed in a subfolder.

Instead, it would be better, unless otherwise stated, for PHP scripts such WHMCS, WordPress, Joomla, etc, to be placed in separate folders “beside” one another.

Example:
/your/home/public_html/wordpress
/your/home/public_html/whmcs

(Of course the folder names can be of your own choosing)

I hope this helps.

On 9/2/2022 at 3:29 AM, ooooyeahbabe said:

i have public_html directory should i put wordpress directory into it? Then put Whmcs into the wordpress directory?
Is this safe? Will it affect subsequent upgrades and maintenance?

for example:
www.***.com this is the wordpress site
www.***.com/members This is the whmcs site how can I compare the implementation of security

12313.png

You should never do that with any application. As they can have similar folder names, filenames, or even different .htaccess rules. While its possible you are asking for a lot of troubles down the road with upgrades and issues if you mix files. WHMCS should go into its own folder or subdomain, and WordPress on its own folder or subdomain. This applies to any application. Every application should live on its own folder without any other file inside except the required ones for that application.

You can still link between WordPress and WHMCS or share data without issues but for the sake of simplicity never mix the files like you posted in the screenshot.