Suspicious email with WHMCS footer logo hardcoded

zitu4life

During this month I started received some suspicious emails, spam, coming in like if it is not a fake email. Not sure if these emails are sending out from my WHMCS installation or my server it self.

PS: Those emails comes direct to inbox, and I use google paid emails (gsuite\google workspace named now).

What you guys do in this situation...

See print of part this email.
- Scan entire server??

image.png.363e1f7ec48474529276564c9b8994a2.png

I suspect these emails could possible be sending from my server and my email email are not rejecting it.😬

Read the full headers to see the origin of the email? Without seeing those, it looks more like it's being sent from *their* WHMCS installation. 😉

Oh, hang on, that's advertising "Talk with web visitors", a known spammer, often sent by "Eric Jones". Known form spammer, that took kryptonite to get off my forms. Googled, pasted the link here, and Google redirected to something very different. Search for his name and spammer....

Edited by bear

I have open a ticket to request WHMCS experts to look close...it looks like it is been sent from my server (managed VPS). I have sent WHMCS a full email header... The strange thing is like this email is send it using WHMCS installation and also email is sent out using SMTP 

Being a notification (based on the footer), it's from your WHMCS installation, and assuming you send via SMTP in WHMCS, that makes sense. 
From what I know about this particular spammer, you will likely find he sent in a form (contact? support?), and this was WHMCS letting you know it arrived.

Looking forward to what they say about it.

Edited by bear

@bear it comes from contact.php form on the client area theme. Advice is not use that for and instead use support department with additional human verification

The additional human verification we would typically recommend adding would be the google hidden reCAPTCHA system as this is designed to detect bots prevent automated messages from being submitted via ticket.

Those bots are terrible...they send message like if you are sending message to yourself, using SMTP...