3d Secure Double Trailing Slash // = Payment Failure

Hi there,

can anyone help shed light and a potential fix on an issue we are having? using the sagepay module (still using 3ds v1 (yes I know, as we are getting a custom module made))

The 3d secure termurl has a double slash // in it and for some card transactions it results in failed payments. Not all cards only certain ones.

Checking the template files we can see that the 3dsecure.tpl file has this in it ($code) which in turn pulls in this info (updated info for privacy):

<div id="frmThreeDAuth" class="hidden">
        <form target="3dauth" method="post" action="https://secure7.arcot.com/acspage/cap?RID=90184&VAA=A">
    <input type="hidden" name="PaReq" value="eJxVUttuwjAMfd9XVLyPpIGmgEx">
    <input type="hidden" name="TermUrl" value="DOMAIN>COM//modules/gateways/callback/sagepayrepeats.php?invoiceid=12345">
    <input type="hidden" name="MD" value="201656147">

as you can see there is a double trailing slash // before modules. No idea where thats getting populated from..

tried testing this on a dev install BUT it doesnt get inputted with the termurl info at all its simply:

<div id="frmThreeDAuth" class="hidden">
        <form target="3dauth" method="post" action="https://test.sagepay.com/3ds-simulator/html_challenge">
    <input type="hidden" name="creq" value="ewogICJtZXNzYWdlVHlwZSIgOiAiQ1JlcSIsCiAgIm1lc3NhZ2VWZXJzaW9uI">

<input type="hidden" name="threeDSSessionData" value="412F895A-0E74-2E33-1041-4AA39EF81669">

So cannot problem shoot at all...

The problem it self comes from having the double // in the URL and some banks are now getting very strict and payments fail (not all seems to be just 1/2 banks).

A very simple fix would simply be to ensure double slash // is not included... BUT cannot find where that needs to be updated.

The general settings are correct and ONLY include the one traling slash PLUS inspecting code NO other double trailing slash is included... Its only on that 3d secure file which gets populated... from I dont know where... having a lot of payments failing and really could do with some help...

Anyone?

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

The described issue wouldn't be something that you could resolve, but it's certainly something we would be keen to if it's causing payment issues.

I would advise submitting this as a bug report here: https://www.whmcs.com/members/bugreport.php

If you can demonstrate the issue itself is causing payment failures and the change to resolve it is silm (it potentially is), we may be able to help you resolve this sooner.

Please do link this thread in the report.

56 minutes ago, WHMCS Alex said:

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

The described issue wouldn't be something that you could resolve, but it's certainly something we would be keen to if it's causing payment issues.

I would advise submitting this as a bug report here: https://www.whmcs.com/members/bugreport.php

If you can demonstrate the issue itself is causing payment failures and the change to resolve it is silm (it potentially is), we may be able to help you resolve this sooner.

Please do link this thread in the report.

Hi @WHMCS Alex thank you for the update.

100% creating issues with payments and have replicated this on the dev setup too... there is a double // being included in the TermUrl when 3d secure iframe is ben=ing called and 1 bank in partiqular (natwest) sees this as a malformed URL even though it isnt.

Posted here as we are 10+ years owned license owners and didnt think that you would support us :(

Will you still support us for this 'bug' as it looks like a super simple easy fix to remove the double //

Shall I post a support request?

1 hour ago, Manchester Web Hosting said:

Posted here as we are 10+ years owned license owners and didnt think that you would support us 😞

Those are no more. We had several changed to leased (which we've not opted in to) because of the licensing changes.

tried testing this on a dev install 

If your license is not on a  current support plan, how is it you have a working dev install?

Shall I post a support request?

Each time I did so out of "support contract" I was told I needed to have current support. Be interesting to see what they say here.

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hi @Manchester Web Hosting,

You are more than welcome to submit this as a bug here: https://www.whmcs.com/members/bugreport.php

In order for there to be further assistance provided, or an update that resolves the potential issue consumed, you would need to move to a monthly leased license.