My latest feature request, that surely won't be approved.

websavers

Just now, Bigol'tastynuggets said:

Out of interest, what was the latest feature you found? 

In the WHMCS admin, when viewing any particular client's product, there are three possible URI's / request vars used depending on what link you clicked to reach the page:

1. /whmcs/admin/clientsservices.php?userid=UID&id=PID
2. /whmcs/admin/clientsservices.php?userid=UID&productselect=PID
3. /whmcs/admin/clientsservices.php?userid=UID

Which is a problem if you're developing modules using hooks that don't supply you with the product ID through a hook function parameter -- particularly the last one where we can't even *try* to derive the product ID from a REQUEST var.

And so I submit this as a bug with the (pretty simple) solution being to make that consistent and always have one productid parameter, I don't care of its "id" or "productid" or "serviceid" but make it consistent. I also told them all steps necessary to reach those varying URL structures.

I think the entire client/user situation added more complexity to a series of ideas thrown together in haste, I've not had reason to worry about that myself- fortunately we're pretty much wrapped up on moving our last install away! 

I shall probably finish up this week and keep up to date for the sake of clients using this software for the next 12 months and either let them find someone who is willing to tolerate it or help them migrate and continue to support them! 

Fortunately, of the 3 bugs I've reported at my new choice - 2 were confirmed and fixed and one was me being an idiot 😆 I will certainly sleep more soundly soon!