Licensing Addon Question

Cubeboy

I know them maybe a dum question, however I am interested in getting the Lic Addon product, What will I need in order to product the end result? Will I need to buy an encoder or is the Licensing Addon a complete self contained package? All comments welcome - ish

Pinkmare's answer is correct. If you want to encode your code with ionCube, you need the buy the encoder. The Licensing addon from WHMCS does not encode code, it only offers licensing options for your software.

If you don't need to encrypt files on a regular basis, ionCube's online encoder may be an alternative. It is very cheap (starts at 0.50 USD per archive).

On 3/10/2022 at 2:34 PM, Cubeboy said:

I know them maybe a dum question, however I am interested in getting the Lic Addon product, What will I need in order to product the end result? Will I need to buy an encoder or is the Licensing Addon a complete self contained package? All comments welcome - ish

The licensing addon sold by WHMCS has nothing to do with the software or code you sell. The only purpose is to check for a license with WHMCS, like how your WHMCS software checks the license with whmcs.com 

You can sell any software or product that requires licensing, regardless if its encoded or not, it does not even have to be PHP software, it can be any software. Speaking of PHP, Ioncube is not a product sold or developed by WHMCS, if you want to protect your PHP code with that you need to purchase a license from them.

Edited by yggdrasil

• 1 month later...