Customize Admin Support Ticket View

slable

Hi All,

With the introduction of WHMCS v8, the support tickets page now shows the original ticket requestor instead of just the client name (see attached screenshot). Our support team all has voiced their dislike of this new feature at least on ticket list views since it almost doubles the length of the pages by making each "cell" taller. I asked WHMCS about removing this since I couldn't find any template files that would allow me to do it, and they said it is not possible without modifying javascript.

Does anyone have suggestions/tips to help point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 4.28.20 PM.png

19 hours ago, bear said:

It's another case of anything you may be able to customize being behind encryption, though I'm not sure it's javascript doing that. I'd guess it's likely hard coded into "supporttickets.php", since it's a simple BR tag that pushes it down a line. 

Ugh so basically you're saying it isn't possible then? 😞

I see some custom admin templates exist, but they basically just appear to be a wrapper on top of some of the common WHMCS admin area elements.

I don't think it is, but if they say it's javascript, I'd do a word search in every one for "<small>", as that's the tag on that, I believe. You can make sure by using a browser like Firefox and while on that page hit the F12 key. To the left of the inspector that summons is a button that will allow you to roll over and click the field you want to check, which will show it in the code. Find something unique, search all the javascript files (I didn't find it).

13 hours ago, bear said:

I don't think it is, but if they say it's javascript, I'd do a word search in every one for "<small>", as that's the tag on that, I believe. You can make sure by using a browser like Firefox and while on that page hit the F12 key. To the left of the inspector that summons is a button that will allow you to roll over and click the field you want to check, which will show it in the code. Find something unique, search all the javascript files (I didn't find it).

They most likely mean that using your own custom JavaScript you can alter the rendered HTML once the page has fully loaded. This is not actually changing it inside WHMCS, the page would still render as usual with the original view/code but once loaded your JS code would change the HTML elements.