Repurchased domain no longer links to clients account, and cannot resolve in the browser.

Hello, I'm in a complicated situation with a client's domain that is fully expired, and then repurchased; here is how it all began:

First, this week it appeared that there was nothing wrong with the domain product because the domain is selectable in the clients summery while in admin mode, and the status is set to active. 

When logged in as the user and navigating to their "my domains" section, the domain also showed the auto-renew set to enabled and status set to active. However, I noticed the renewal invoice was scheduled for 2/17/2022, and the invoice for the renewal was unpaid and past the due date! To double-check, I entered the domain into the browser, and as I expected, the URL would not resolve and displayed a "can't find the server" error. 

Knowing that the expiration was only a couple of days out, I quickly logged into my Enom account to renew the domain in the expired section since it hadn't reached up to the 30 day grace period. (I've done that many times before, and it resolves back to normal within a few minutes to an hour.)

But to my surprise, the domain did not appear in the expiry section, and it did not appear in the registered domains section either! That could only mean that the domain somehow expired long ago! Perhaps on the last renewal in 2021. 

Either the auto-renewal turned off in Enom, or maybe I had no funds available on Enom back then. Completely confused, I looked up the domain in the Enom's domain register field, and it flipping appeared as available to buy for 9.99!!! I immediately repurchased the domain back on to my Enom account. The problem is it didn't seem to connect with the client's account anymore. I changed the name servers to my custom name servers, and I also set the registrar to Enom on the clients summery profile in the domains tab. I waited two days, and the domain still hasn't resolved in the browser!

So at this point, I have no clue how I can "reconnect" the domain to the client's account, despite it being selectable in the client's domain tab and listed as active. If you guys can suggest anything to fix this issue, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for reading my long-winded post.

17 hours ago, captainolive said:

Hello, I'm in a complicated situation with a client's domain that is fully expired, and then repurchased; here is how it all began:

First, this week it appeared that there was nothing wrong with the domain product because the domain is selectable in the clients summery while in admin mode, and the status is set to active. 

When logged in as the user and navigating to their "my domains" section, the domain also showed the auto-renew set to enabled and status set to active. However, I noticed the renewal invoice was scheduled for 2/17/2022, and the invoice for the renewal was unpaid and past the due date! To double-check, I entered the domain into the browser, and as I expected, the URL would not resolve and displayed a "can't find the server" error. 

Knowing that the expiration was only a couple of days out, I quickly logged into my Enom account to renew the domain in the expired section since it hadn't reached up to the 30 day grace period. (I've done that many times before, and it resolves back to normal within a few minutes to an hour.)

But to my surprise, the domain did not appear in the expiry section, and it did not appear in the registered domains section either! That could only mean that the domain somehow expired long ago! Perhaps on the last renewal in 2021. 

Either the auto-renewal turned off in Enom, or maybe I had no funds available on Enom back then. Completely confused, I looked up the domain in the Enom's domain register field, and it flipping appeared as available to buy for 9.99!!! I immediately repurchased the domain back on to my Enom account. The problem is it didn't seem to connect with the client's account anymore. I changed the name servers to my custom name servers, and I also set the registrar to Enom on the clients summery profile in the domains tab. I waited two days, and the domain still hasn't resolved in the browser!

So at this point, I have no clue how I can "reconnect" the domain to the client's account, despite it being selectable in the client's domain tab and listed as active. If you guys can suggest anything to fix this issue, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for reading my long-winded post.

And how is this related to WHMCS? Seems more like an Enom issue than something with WHMCS. WHMCS cannot make the domain resolve online.

Edited by yggdrasil

1 hour ago, yggdrasil said:

And how is this related to WHMCS? Seems more like an Enom issue than something with WHMCS. WHMCS cannot make the domain resolve online.

Thank you. I feel really stupid 😓

I took time to make a new order on WHMCS and configured all the domain settings between ENOM, and that didn't work.

So the last thing I did was go to the clients hosting service (only has one) and check the cpanel for data in the file manager, and myphp admin for databases and there was NOTHING pertaining to that particular domain, other than data for the clients PRIMARY domain. All this time I was expecting to see a website... but it appears that the client only had it set aside on their account, so in that case there would be nothing to load when entering the domain on the browser.

MY BAD 🤬

1 hour ago, yggdrasil said:

Edited, I deleted this message because i responded to you twice with the same thing. (thinking it was another person)

perhaps i should get my head checked 🤔

Edited by captainolive