Error on ticket POP import after upgrade to 8.4GA

pKris

After upgrading to 8.4 GA, tickets are no longer automatically importing via the POP cron, they're sitting in the Ticket Mail Import Queue with an error. I have disabled all add-on modules just in case these are interfering to no avail.

Argument 7 passed to processPoppedTicket() must be an instance of WHMCS\Mail\AutoSubmittedHeader, array given, called in /var/www/whmcs-secure/crons/pop.php on line 0

My environment: Ubuntu 20.04.03 LTS

WHMCS Version: 8.4.0

PHP Version: PHP 7.4.26 (cli) (built: Nov 22 2021 09:48:15) ( NTS )

Copyright (c) The PHP Group

Zend Engine v3.4.0, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies

with the ionCube PHP Loader + ionCube24 v10.4.5, Copyright (c) 2002-2020, by ionCube Ltd.

with Zend OPcache v7.4.26, Copyright (c), by Zend Technologies

EDIT: I should clarify so I don't sound like an idiot, this is on my development instance using a development license, so it's not the end of the world 😉

Edited by pKris

I know this doesn't help you, but because there are critical bugs in practically every major WHMCS release, you should at least wait until the first patch to update. But yeah, someone with a lot of courage has to take the first step. 🤷‍♂️

Unfortunately there is a good chance that the cause of this problem is not up to you and can only be fixed by a hotfix. If I were you, I would first make sure that the new files has been uploaded correctly (esp. the file "pop.php") and if it does not solve the issue and the WHMCS support can't help either, restore the backup of the previous WHMCS version (if the import functionality is mission critical for you). As more and more data changes in the database over time (new orders, etc.), I would hurry with the recovery decision.

2 minutes ago, string said:

I know this doesn't help you, but because there are critical bugs in practically every major WHMCS release, you should at least wait until the first patch to update. But yeah, someone with a lot of courage has to take the first step. 🤷‍♂️

Unfortunately there is a good chance that the cause of this problem is not up to you and can only be fixed by a hotfix. If I were you, I would first make sure that the new files has been uploaded correctly (esp. the file "pop.php") and if it does not solve the issue and the WHMCS support can't help either, restore the backup of the previous WHMCS version (if the import functionality is mission critical for you). As more and more data changes in the database over time (new orders, etc.), I would hurry with the recovery decision.

To clarify this is my dev instance so recovery is one of those 'meh' items as finding any other bugs are more important to me anyhow.

Interestingly enough I did submit a bug report to WHMCS and they'd mentioned they had seen this in the recent past (presumably since the GA launched) and noted updating IonCube to at least 11.01 fixed it in some occasions (not mine, though).