Need the list of database tables affected during sync TLDs

mbparvez

Hi.

No doubt, the feature of sync TLD from the register is helpful and time-saving. After sync, I found that some TLDs could be a legal issue for me to sell. Also, there are some TLDs that I do not want to ignore. That is why I need to delete many of them.

But then, I got shocked that there is no option to "Bulk Delete"!

Nothing more to say. I need to know which database tables get updated during the TLD sync process? As we do not have any other option, we have to do it manually. We found that deleting all the TLDs and then re-adding them is more efficient than deleting them one by one.

So, in short,
- I need the list of the tables that is updating during the TLD sync process.
- If possible, please help me by providing the SQL to (SAFELY) delete TLDs from the WHMCS database.

Thank you.

On 01/08/2021 at 20:11, PapaKai said:

I rember that there's a bulk updater addon for prices in the addon section... eventually worth to check, if not done yet.

i'd be very wary of going down that road - there is a long standing bug with that addon where it often can't distinguish the TLD correctly - and ends up changing prices on unspecified TLDs.... not good.

last time I checked this to see if it was still the case was v8 - I doubt it's been fixed since then. ⚠️

Thanks @brian! for this information. I am facing some issue with many TLDs as well. This is why I need to delete all of them. But there is no way to delete these imported TLDs. So, I thought to delete them from the database. That is why I am looking for the list of the tables that is updated during this installation process.

On 07/08/2021 at 19:45, mbparvez said:

I am facing some issue with many TLDs as well. This is why I need to delete all of them. But there is no way to delete these imported TLDs. So, I thought to delete them from the database. That is why I am looking for the list of the tables that is updated during this installation process.

I think Kai has mentioned the critical one - tbldomainpricing - that's the one that is used to show the TLDs in domain pricing... now beyond that, I assume tblpricing will be affected too (as it will store the actual pricing for the TLD), but if the relevant row is missing in tbldomainpricing, then those orphaned rows in tblpricing shouldn't really matter... I know you'd probably like to ideally remove them too, but if so, then don't remove the references from tbldomainpricing first otherwise it would make it more difficult to identify them in tblpricing.

On 31/07/2021 at 18:27, mbparvez said:

But then, I got shocked that there is no option to "Bulk Delete"!

like many things in WHMCS, it's often easier to bulk add something than it is to later with remove it!

with regards to a SQL for this, you'd likely have to set various conditions based on the values of the TLDs you want to remove (which only you know) ....

DELETE FROM tbldomainpricing WHERE extension IN ('.sarl', '.us', '.art')

always remember that there is no undo option with these queries - so backup the db before running a delete query.

frankly, unless you're telling me that you want to remove hundreds/thousands, it would probably be safer to just remove them manually from domain pricing (make yourself a cup of strong coffee first).