Convert filenames on Ticket attachments

Hello, 

This issue is on WHMCS from the start and now I'm trying to find a solution.

- When a client posts an attachments with a non-Latin filename (in our case greek letters), WHMCS trims the non-latin file name and generates the rest and stores the attachment to it's system.
I asked on WHMCS Support Chat for a hook action that I can convert the attachments filename to latin but the answer is that there is no related action hook to interfere with the attachment process. 

Anyone has implemented anything related for the ticket attachments or a suggestion what to check for WHMCS  ?

Thank you in advance.

You can't. According to WHMCS the problem is Greek alphabet. People should stop using it.

Joking apart, I can think of several solutions. I refuse to share details (personal reasons) however I can give you few hints.

Solution 1 (recommended but super boring):

Solution 2 (not recommended, not safe and still pretty boring):

Solution 3 (not recommended and boring):

Good luck.

Edited by Kian

4 hours ago, pRieStaKos said:

This issue is on WHMCS from the start and now I'm trying to find a solution.

patience of a saint! 😇

4 hours ago, pRieStaKos said:

I asked on WHMCS Support Chat for a hook action that I can convert the attachments filename to latin but the answer is that there is no related action hook to interfere with the attachment process. 

AFAIK, the filename is sanitised before upload - and once sanitised, the old unsanitised name is forever lost.

5 hours ago, pRieStaKos said:

Anyone has implemented anything related for the ticket attachments or a suggestion what to check for WHMCS  ?

you might need to look at renaming them on the fly yourself before submission (assuming that once in the system, the original filenames are dumped).

frankly, i'd defer to Kian on this with his suggestions.... and his suspicion about the solution WHMCS would prefer. 🙂