Email showing 'verified' in WHMCS after changing email (Client_Email_Verification)

Hello,

I am using WHMCS version 8.1.
I have "Client Email Verification" Enabled which means user should verify their email address upon registration or when Email address is changed.

Replicate Instructions: Client verifies email after signup, its working as expected. Now change the email and it will not show you to verify email account

Reference: https://docs.whmcs.com/Client_Email_Verification

Note: Your Technical Analyst II says this function is not present in WHMCS(proof attached in screenshort).

This is the 2nd bug I found in basic function. The first one was email changing issue in locked fields.
I am afraid that even your Stable version will have bugs in "Basic functions" and no quick fixe are provided. That makes WHMCS unreliable.

notpresent.png

19 hours ago, Sufiyan Shaikh said:

Replicate Instructions: Client verifies email after signup, its working as expected. Now change the email and it will not show you to verify email account

I suspect this would be intended behaviour, .e.g when a user has verified their email once, they never get asked to again.... conversely, if they don't verify it, and then change it again, then they should receive another verification email (though often it isn't sent and has to be resent manually).

Note: Your Technical Analyst II says this function is not present in WHMCS(proof attached in screenshot).

technically, he is both correct and wrong on this - it can be sent both at signup and upon an email change by the user (not an admin) - if the account hasn't been previously verified.

the docs are right on that point, but it also says the link is valid for 24 hours, whereas the email itself says it's valid for 1 hour - i've no idea which, if either, is the correct value.

This is the 2nd bug I found in basic function. The first one was email changing issue in locked fields.

that was first reported 3 months ago...

assuming it's another month until v8.2 goes GA, that's four months for this to be fixed.

I am afraid that even your Stable version will have bugs in "Basic functions" and no quick fixe are provided. That makes WHMCS unreliable.

i'm pleased to hear that you have realised that after only a few months of using WHMCS - others have taken far longer to come to that same correct conclusion.... this is how WHMCS operates.

you might as well forget the feature requests suggestion too - at best, that will take years for a suggestion to be completed and if you're looking for a solution faster than that, then you should probably look in Marketplace (there will be a few verification options in there), or get a developer to fix it... by their definition, this isn't a bug - e.g the software is not doing something its supposed to, or doing something that it's not supposed to.

4 hours ago, brian! said:

i'm pleased to hear that you have realised that after only a few months of using WHMCS - others have taken far longer to come to that same correct conclusion.... this is how WHMCS operates.

Well. I am using WHMCS from 2018 I was not much in customization because I din't knew much on what could be modified and what could not (I was using WHMCS Version: 7.10.2).
I also used it "as is" with "six" template until starting 2021(so you know now I never even bothered to customize it).

Now as I have to make improvements, and customization so I am learning about it and I really find @Brain!(you) helping others more than WHMCS team itself.
I have seen a lot of your posts and I have learned many new things and I really appreciate the way you help everyone for free!(WHMCS team is non-existing on community and only for deleting comments against them or their poor software).

4 hours ago, brian! said:

you might as well forget the feature requests suggestion too - at best, that will take years for a suggestion to be completed and if you're looking for a solution faster than that, then you should probably look in Marketplace (there will be a few verification options in there), or get a developer to fix it... by their definition, this isn't a bug - e.g the software is not doing something its supposed to, or doing something that it's not supposed to.

WHMCS sucks and their support team too(I reported a bug of dedicated IP more than a year ago and I bet they still haven't fixed it!)
Their feature requests suggestion is just for "show". They don't actually implement things with the higher votes. They do what they want and not what customer needs.

Ummmm. As of now, I will wait until the bug is fixed in 8.2 because I have seen a lot of bug fixes in WHMCS 8.2
If WHMCS 8.2 doesn't have the fixes I need, I will stay with WHMCS 7.10.2 on which I am much comfortable (I am just testing WHMCS 8.1 before upgrading from 7.10.2 and messing up things.)

I would have hired a developer or paid for addon in marketplace but after the price hike, I don't feel like investing in a lot of customization or on addon and wasting money.

Thanks again for reply Brain.
I was hoping for WHMCS Support team reply on this thread.

I was hoping for WHMCS Support team reply on this thread.

It doesn't matter if they do or don't - They will offer platitudes about "listening" or "prioritisation" or "Many already accomplished" or "Learning the basics of php everyday" and follow up with "use the request system" or "submit a ticket" or "help me combat overwhelming loneliness" 

All while never committing to an actual answer that would be of benefit  - A yes or a no would be equally as helpful, but they're too afraid to state the end goal as we can all see the writing on the wall. Whilst they may tell each other in the private chats that it's maintaining professionalism and give each other pep talks.... it's see-through and wildly offensive that we're treated like idiots!