is it a BUG?...any workaround for this > Admin add order

zitu4life

Hello there

I have a situation where when I am adding an order for a product Onetime product, and if it a lot of units it cause me a lot of invoice items.

If i add quantity 50 units or 100 hundred units, it do not works like I expect.

image.thumb.png.6c922fb98734ab1f439d9a04cf24050b.png

I expect if I add 50 units to be like this

image.thumb.png.421f373e33d2d56ed365bf429e539df1.png

Some times we sold out products like internet cable CAT6, if I add 80 meters cable order will have a lot of same item instead of group it.🤪

5 minutes ago, zitu4life said:

Some times we sold out products like internet cable CAT6, if I add 80 meters cable order will have a lot of same item instead of group it.🤪

I think you will have to tweak your product settings....

https://docs.whmcs.com/Products_and_Services#Pricing

• Allow Multiple Quantities — Select whether clients can order multiples of this product on the checkout page. The product cannot require additional configuration (like product custom fields or configurable options).
    • No — Disables the option to specify a quantity for this product.
    • Yes - Multiple Services — Each unit represents its own individual service instance. For example, specifying a quantity of 10 will create 10 service records upon ordering, each with its own price (Recurring Amount).
    • Yes - Scaling Service — Each service instance allows a quantity to be defined. For example, specifying a quantity of 10 will create one service, with the service price (Recurring Amount) multiplied by the numbers of units specified.

it sounds as though the product is set to "Multiple Services" - so WHMCS thinks you want 50 different services based on the same settings... whereas, what you want is a "Scaling Service" with a qty of x....

the first option will give you what you're seeing; the second option will give you what you want to see.

😌🙃 shame one me 😚...I get it sorted...and I also have seen that options in the past but did not understood the effects it makes on products.

image.thumb.png.e1dae9c1856c99225a3f2d9e9230e859.png

Now I can track every single item sold out, as i do not need use a lot custom invoices, thanks for pointing me on the right direction.