tldPricing var and email after ticket opening

Hi,

I have two questions and maybe someone got an answer 😉

First:
I have round about 2000 tlds in my domainpricing table and all of them are listed in the var $tldPricing on the client startpage (home not clientarea home).
I don't know why the tlds and prices are listed but this is a heavy db request so my website loads about 16 seconds.
This problem havn't been in V7.
The only option to speed this up is changing my webhosting package, what couldn't be the best solution...

Second:
If you create a support ticket as admin for a customer a mail will be sent (if selected) but not shown in the customer email history.
The mail sent log is only shown in the activity log?! Problem with my whmcs or global?

Best regards
Philipp

Edited by DAThosting

1. You have several options beyond changing your hosting service.

The first. and simplest,  option is changing the template of your WHMCS installation (or simply modifying it).  You can probably adjust the domainregister.tpl of your active orderforms template to limit the output. You may also have a custom template, which could have additional outputs beyond the scope of the default WHMCS template. 

Modifying these could optimize your performance and save you time and money on upgrading your server.  You could also have fewer TLDs available for registration and this would also limit the output you mentioned.

2. Some email templates will not stored in client's email history by design. These templates generally contain sensitive data and thus it is seen as more secure for your client (and less of a liability) for you to not store these mails in this manner.

5 hours ago, DAThosting said:

I have round about 2000 tlds

why? how many TLDs do your customers actually buy?? if someone has ever bought a .aaa.pro domain from you, i'd be amazed! 😲

I don't know why the tlds and prices are listed

it would be to allow for a domain pricing table on the home page.

The only option to speed this up is changing my webhosting package, what couldn't be the best solution...

you could null the array, but i'm not sure that gets you any further forward.

• 1 month later...
On 4/9/2021 at 4:56 PM, brian! said:

you could null the array, but i'm not sure that gets you any further forward.

I tried it in the head.tpl but it seems to be set before loading the head.tpl which doesn't even make sense for me.
If I delete the domainpricing table for testing all works as expected and loads in a few milliseconds.

Edited by DAThosting

On 27/05/2021 at 06:54, Qhiliqq said:

I tried it in the head.tpl but it seems to be set before loading the head.tpl which doesn't even make sense for me.

I was thinking more of using an action hook to do it.

On 27/05/2021 at 06:54, Qhiliqq said:

If I delete the domainpricing table for testing all works as expected and loads in a few milliseconds.

so it's the outputting of the table that is the issue rather than the size of the array (though obviously there is a link between the size of the array) ?

if you null the array, and hide the pricing table output with CSS (assuming its standard cart) with the hook below, does this solve the issue ?

<?php

# Null Domain Pricing Array Hook
# Written by brian!

function domain_pricing_hook($vars) {

if ($vars['templatefile'] == "domainregister") {
		function domregpricing_custom_headeroutput_hook($vars) {
			$header_return = '<style>h4.font-size-18, .tld-filters, .bg-white {display: none !important;}</style>';
			return $header_return;
		}
		add_hook("ClientAreaHeaderOutput",1,"domregpricing_custom_headeroutput_hook");
		return array ("pricing" => null);
	}
}
add_hook("ClientAreaPageCart", 1, "domain_pricing_hook");

Unfortunately that doesn't help anything cause you can't use a hook there.
Afaik there is no hook which could be called in this position.

If you join a whmcs startpage, no clientarea will be loaded, just a simple html page, but exactly here is the problem.

I don't know how to tell you...
I replying to the right thread.

Also I know a few other guy using whmcs having the same problem, they just upgraded their servers to run smoothly.

If you set up a dev system and joining it via the domain itself, right there the problem occours (directly on the landing page of your installation).
No switching to other subpages or sth. like that.

Edited by Qhiliqq

4 minutes ago, Qhiliqq said:

Also I know a few other guy using whmcs having the same problem, they just upgraded their servers to run smoothly.

well offering 2000 TLDs is insane, but each to their own.

anyway, the hook nulls the pricing array and hides the pricing table = that's all... i've no idea what you're going on about, so i'll leave you to it. 🙄

• 3 months later...

me  too

with 780 domains in domain pricing , very slow performance.

when i empty tbldomainpricing , the speed is very good.

I think this is not database problem ! Slow query logs show 0.03s for query ! But TTFB for whmcs homepage is : 3.5s!!!! 

Changing back to six theme cant solve the problem for some pages in the up topic!!

Maybe whmcs in version 8 need some new settings for server (PHP or webserver!)

I use : mariadb 10.3, litespeed, PHP 7.4, whmcs 8.2.1

@brian! Please take a look!

Edited by persis

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, brian! said:

nature of the beast i'm afraid - in recent versions, the more TLDs you add, the slower those pages are.

frankly, it would likely be quicker to reduce the number of TLDs offered than fundamentally fix WHMCS.

It is not acceptable to reduse the number of TLDs! 

I did some optimization on the server network like remove ipv6 and changeing dns from 8.8.8.8 to my datacenter DNS, and now the TTFB is 2.5s (it wase 3.5s befor theas optimizations!)

total loading time is: 3.21 s! the problem is not the sql (Slow query logs show 0.03s for query )

any one can help for optimizing the TTFB on SSD Drives, 20GB Ram , 23core CPU, Cpanel, Litespeed~