OX App Suite as Stand alone Services

edherroj

Hello everyone,

A couple of months ago I activated the OX App Suite service via MarketConnect and started reselling this great email solution. I noticed almost everything was setup automatically and all I needed to do was to begin reselling. One issue I came across with was that OX App Suite was setup as a hidden product/service and also as product add-on, the problem with this is that the email template that is included as default welcome email for this service, doesn't include important configuration details for the email accounts. More specifically the MX records and other DNS records that need to be setup by the client in order to have this email service work property, are not included.

I contacted WHMCS MarketConnect support and got an explanation about this. Basically the DNS details will not be emailed to the customers because WHMCS will not include this information in the welcome email if the service being purchased is an Add-on product. I was told that I could change this service to be a stand alone product/service, and in that case the welcome email will include all details. With this response I see two problems:

1. WHMCS MarketConnect configures the service as I explained in the beginning, as add-on product/service and as hidden product/service as well, so is this intentional or an unknown problem.

2. If I attempt to edit the hidden product/service, it won't allow me to change the pricing nor the module details, only product description and name. Which is another issue that I'm facing, because in the incomplete welcome email the customers receive, the product name is the name of the parent product and not OX App Suite product name specifically.

I would really appreciate if any of you know a solution to these issues, or if you can point me in right direction/workaround.

I think OX App Suite is a great email service and a great solution for businesses, but the automation part is giving a bit of headache.

Thank you,

-ED

Edited by edherroj

16 hours ago, edherroj said:

1. WHMCS MarketConnect configures the service as I explained in the beginning, as add-on product/service and as hidden product/service as well, so is this intentional or an unknown problem.

it's intentional in the sense that the addon is used when ordering other products in the cart, and the product is hidden to avoid it being shown directly in the cart along with other products - it's linked to the relevant MC sales pages instead.

16 hours ago, edherroj said:

2. If I attempt to edit the hidden product/service, it won't allow me to change the pricing nor the module details, only product description and name.

modifying pricing of MC products occurs via the MarketConnect page in WHMCS admin area (e.g marketconnect.php) rather than the usual product pricing page.