Domain Sync for Manual Purchase

Isaac Asher

My customer purchased a .app domain through my WHMCS installation, however eNom did not receive the registration.  I was unable to get WHMCS to register a .app domain because of the additional security questions despite adding the additional domain question in WHMCS.  Something still is not correct as my customer's domain registration was not received at eNom, and WHMCS said: "Extended attribute: app_agree is required." in Pending Module Actions. Apparently I don't have the domain questions set up correctly.  

In order to facilitate this order, I registered the domain directly through eNom, but now I'm not sure how to get WHMCS to connect the eNom registration.  

Currently the customer's order has been accepted.  The hosting account and addon line items show Active, the domain line item shows Pending, and the order status is Pending as well.  

Unsure how to proceed to complete the customer's order and connect the registration with eNom.  Any input would be helpful, thank you.  

2 hours ago, brian! said:

Sorry, I don't think this is going to solve the problem completely..... Or I'm not understanding what you're suggesting.  

When I went in to the Domain line item in the order details screen, the registrar already showed eNom... but I still can't do anything with the customer's order since it gives an error whenever I try to accept it.  All line items are active except domain still shows pending. 

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hello @Isaac Asher

This is a known issue regarding registering .app domains with eNom.

Case #MODULE-7498 is open and active with our developers in order to have this resolved for future releases.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide an estimated time for completion for this. However, once we resolve cases and push features they are available at our change log, here:

http://changelog.whmcs.com/

I apologise for the inconvenience

In the interim, as indicated in your post,  you will need to register the domain via the eNom reseller portal and it will then become manageable in your WHMCS installation on manual import.

To import the domain on manual registration instructions can be located at https://docs.whmcs.com/Migration_Guide#Adding_Domains

Regarding syncing please ensure that Domain Sync Notify Only is disabled.

When enabled the domain sync script won't make any changes - it will only notify admins of the changes it would have made.

Relevant documentation can be located at https://docs.whmcs.com/Domain_Synchronisation#Setting_it_up