Country Dropdown List when editing Whois information - Clientarea

Sanin

Hello,

When editing whois information on domains (any registrar module) the Country contains of country code 2 letters - as you can se on attachment photo - Country: BA, instead of Bosnia and Herzegovina. It would be more user friendly for customers to have dropdown countrylist as this allready is a function in WHMCS. As it is now if they type countryname in english or other language it would just generate a error. country=Country Code should be a valid ISO two letter code like IN for India. This would make customer upset as they then have to find out via google or other means what the two letter ISO code is. In administration section this option working fine, but this problem is just in clienat area.

Someone find fix for this issue? Please, help me.

Ticket, request, opened one year before by other WHMCS user:

https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/country-dropdown-list-when-editing-whois-information

Admin section:

1261658016_Snimakekranaiz2021-02-2309-00-51.png.ed56ac8cd14fa372eb4b939493939a16.png

Client area:

1412975270_Snimakekranaiz2021-02-2308-55-43.png.8fc79e101a0ab5d5b24a4eed2493bb17.png

Thank you!
Regards

5 hours ago, Sanin said:

It would be more user friendly for customers to have dropdown countrylist as this already is a function in WHMCS.

I would agree - however the reason why this page doesn't do that currently is because it's simply outputting the data that WHMCS is receiving from the registrar.

5 hours ago, Sanin said:

As it is now if they type countryname in English or other language it would just generate a error.

it would be possible, although a real pain to determine whether the field is a country field, to limit that field to a maximum of two characters, but that's not really helpful if a user didn't know that the registrar was expecting an ISO country code to be returned.

5 hours ago, Sanin said:

This would make customer upset as they then have to find out via google or other means what the two letter ISO code is. In administration section this option working fine, but this problem is just in client area.

as I said, the reason they do this on this page will be for technical / practical reasons...

6 hours ago, Sanin said:

Someone find fix for this issue? Please, help me.

this would be potentially fixable using a combination of action hooks and template changes...

Ix8maLw.png

... but it would need a *lot* of testing against various registrars... not least to ensure the correct data is still being returned to them - personally, unless you're getting a lot of complaints from users not knowing their own country code, I wouldn't bother doing this.

6 hours ago, Sanin said:

Ticket, request, opened one year before by other WHMCS user:

https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/country-dropdown-list-when-editing-whois-information

I wouldn't expect WHMCS to complete this feature themselves (certainly not any time soon) - it complicates the page coding unnecessarily.... whereas the current solution should work regardless of registrar used.

On 2/23/2021 at 5:29 PM, brian! said:

I wouldn't expect WHMCS to complete this feature themselves (certainly not any time soon) -

I totally agree with you @brian!, I have been using WHMCS since day 1 and and I quite dont know why I even bother suggesting things to the request page anymore. As small usefull things that would probably not take long time to fix is NEWER going to be considered by WHMCS as long as it doesnt have many upvotes. And are a big new feature.. back when WHMCS was launched the chain from suggestion to getting new things done was short.. now it is all about upvotes... all in all there are any feature requests like mine that should haven got attention but will probably newer do! -- but perhaps this should be a disccussion for another day.. and topic..

17 hours ago, ptomter said:

I totally agree with you @brian!, I have been using WHMCS since day 1 and and I quite dont know why I even bother suggesting things to the request page anymore. As small usefull things that would probably not take long time to fix is NEWER going to be considered by WHMCS as long as it doesnt have many upvotes. And are a big new feature.. back when WHMCS was launched the chain from suggestion to getting new things done was short.. now it is all about upvotes... all in all there are any feature requests like mine that should haven got attention but will probably newer do! -- but perhaps this should be a disccussion for another day.. and topic..

Upvotes are also limited to 15 votes a quarter which John the support manager refuses to change  and which makes voting meaningless too

9 minutes ago, MrGettingRatherFrustrated said:

Upvotes are also limited to 15 votes a quarter which John the support manager refuses to change  and which makes voting meaningless too

i've always suspected the reason why those interested in boosting/rigging the votes there don't bother to make multiple accounts is because they realise that the votes don't ultimately matter, e.g if a request gets 60 votes but WHMCS doesn't want to add the feature, it will be declined (or permanently under consideration and archived); if a request gets 2 votes but they want to add that feature (probably cos they were going to anyway), it will get completed.

11 minutes ago, brian! said:

i've always suspected the reason why those interested in boosting/rigging the votes there don't bother to make multiple accounts is because they realise that the votes don't ultimately matter, e.g if a request gets 60 votes but WHMCS doesn't want to add the feature, it will be declined (or permanently under consideration and archived); if a request gets 2 votes but they want to add that feature (probably cos they were going to anyway), it will get completed.

Surely you aren't suggesting that WHMCS doesnt listen to their customers? 😉

It seems rather like the old world of IT where the IT department told the business what they would be given rather than the IT department providing what the business needed/wanted ....