PM small customization. is it possible or future requested is needed here?

zitu4life

Hello there

I was thinking if it could be possible to customize PM addon files manually to have on main PM page info regarding  what client project are related without need to open that project. This info is important, I do not understand why WHMCS do not have it by default.

To explain better noting better like a picture

image.thumb.png.eace683f431466b165f171e073661273.png

1. Perhaps it is not possible due to files a lot encrypted?

2. If I have developed a new widget for PM addon this could be achieved with widget on the main WHMCS page?

thanks

14 hours ago, zitu4life said:

Perhaps it is not possible due to files a lot encrypted?

it wouldn't be impossible, but not simple - I wouldn't even try to write the JS hook required to do that.

14 hours ago, zitu4life said:

If I have developed a new widget for PM addon this could be achieved with widget on the main WHMCS page?

yes - you would be starting from a blank canvas and able to do whatever you want (assuming required information can be retrieved from the db or wherever).

Thanks @brian!

I decide to give wb team project management a free 30 day trial starting today. My first impression after install it, is that possible I will leave WHMCS native project management, I got even a language overrides on new PM from wb team, which means I can customize it according to my needs easily in different languages. It is little more complex compared with WHMCS native, but with 3 years using WHMCS PM would not be difficult to adapt to wb team PM. I think on the first impression wb team will cover my business needs better that native WHMCS PM.

6 hours ago, brian! said:

that wouldn't surprise me. 🙂

Despite I like WHMCS project management addon and have 2 active licenses with PM addon active on their, on my production I will move to wbTeamPro and forward my WHMCS to my DEV and possible managed hosting clients.

In 24 hours I realized that no way to continue. I will take my own license from wbTeamPro. I wont be pointing negative review about WHMCS project management but the difference is huge.

8 hours ago, SureWeb said:

have a question regarding WHMCS PM, has it always been a one time fee for lifetime updates?

8 hours ago, SureWeb said:

have a question regarding WHMCS PM, has it always been a one time fee for lifetime updates?

Since my first contact with WHMCS it was 99 USD for one time

12 hours ago, SureWeb said:

I have a question regarding WHMCS PM, has it always been a one time fee for lifetime updates?

I believe so - but always remember that there can be many years between updates... there was a period of 3+ years where it received no updates at all.

the default WHMCS install already contains the files for Project Management (so nothing for you to install) - purchasing the addon will make an adjustment to your WHMCS license that allows you to access the functionality of PM.