Smarty error -Default template issue

ebbydare

Hello Everyone,

I noticed that the password reset section and profile section on my client area is not coming up. On my whmcs backend, I got the following errors

Smarty Error: Default handler: No template default content for 'file:hostiko-light/user-password.tpl'

Kindly guide me on how to fix this. 

Thanks

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @ebbydare,

This indicates that the /templates/hostiko-light/user-password.tpl file is missing from your custom template.

Please copy it across from the /templates/six directory.

Alternatively you can create a child theme, which will inherit automatically from a parent theme without the need to create and maintain each individual file: https://developers.whmcs.com/themes/child-themes/

• 1 year later...

I am trying to upgrade my PHP smarty template system from smarty 3 to smarty-4.1.0. I have followed the recommended procedure and setup all of the required directories. However, when I try to run my application I keep getting this error message:

ERRNO: 2
TEXT: Attempt to read property "_codeFrame" on null
LOCATION: C:\Users\JAY.V\Desktop\campbroot\campb\libs\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php, line 392, at July 14, 2022, 1:22 am
Showing backtrace:
Smarty_Internal_TemplateCompilerBase.compileTemplate(Object: Smarty_Internal_Template) # line  184, file: C:\Users\JAY.V\Desktop\campbroot\campb\libs\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_template_compiled.php
Smarty_Template_Compiled.compileTemplateSource(Object: Smarty_Internal_Template) # line  141, file: C:\Users\JAY.V\Desktop\campbroot\campb\libs\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_template_compiled.php
Smarty_Template_Compiled.process(Object: Smarty_Internal_Template) # line  105, file: C:\Users\JAY.V\Desktop\campbroot\campb\libs\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_template_compiled.php
Smarty_Template_Compiled.render(Object: Smarty_Internal_Template) # line  216, file: C:\Users\JAY.V\Desktop\campbroot\campb\libs\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_template.php
Smarty_Internal_Template.render(false, "1") # line  238, file: C:\Users\JAY.V\Desktop\campbroot\campb\libs\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templatebase.php
Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase._execute(Object: Smarty_Internal_Template, null, null, null, "1") # line  134, file: C:\Users\JAY.V\Desktop\campbroot\campb\libs\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templatebase.php
Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase.display("store_front.tpl") # line   80, file: C:\Users\JAY.V\Desktop\campbroot\campb\index.php

When I run the smarty installation test, everything seems to be in place as shown below. I don't know where the error is coming from.

Smarty Installation test...
Testing template directory...
C:\Users\JAY.V\Desktop\campbroot\campb\presentation\templates is OK.
Testing compile directory...
C:\Users\JAY.V\Desktop\campbroot\campb\presentation\templates_c is OK.
Testing plugins directory...
C:\Users\JAY.V\Desktop\campbroot\campb\libs\smarty\plugins is OK.
C:\Users\JAY.V\Desktop\campbroot\campb\presentation\smarty_plugins is OK.
Testing cache directory...
C:\Users\JAY.V\Desktop\campbroot\campb\libs\smarty\cache is OK.
Testing configs directory...
C:\Users\JAY.V\Desktop\campbroot\campb\include\configs\ is OK.
Testing sysplugin files...
... OK
Testing plugin files...
... OK
Tests complete.

Here is the code that calls for smarty in index.php

$application->testInstall();

// Display the page
  $application->display('store_front.tpl');

• 4 weeks later...