Seeking for an advice.

Magicklug

We've all have our share of experiences during this Covid-19 situation. I, myself have been struggling with anxiety and stress because of this, toppled up  with the pressure at work. I just want to have 5 days of rest without any distraction from outside sources but I can't. How do you deal with such feelings? Please help. 😔

PS. @Admin I know this is  such an out of topic, so feel free to delete this if you feel so...

Edited by Magicklug

Hey. I have some empathy with how you feel. Overwork + Stress can overwhelm you. It hit me hard earlier this year, and it’s been a long road to recovery. Many changes have been made.

The best suggestion I can make is to remember that your mental health is part of your overall health. Talking to a counselor or a doctor might be what you need, and nudge you in the direction you need to go.
If you’re anxious and tired, and working makes that worse, you need a break. Find time for yourself, to do the stuff you want to do, and let yourself be free for a while. Keep in touch with friends, try to stay connected, and take care of yourself.

Life outside of work / stressors.

Everyone's method of handling work and stress will be different as it comes down to what they can do in their situation in life and work.  No matter what method that is, you need to take your mind off the stressors for a little while each day and if possible throughout the day.   Try to have a "spin up" and "spin down" times before and after work.  Those times should have nothing to do with work / stressors and absolutely has to be something you enjoy doing and has no stress.

I know it sounds a little bit cliche, but cycling, gym and running works great for me. It boosts mental health and concentration... unless I meet idiot drivers and cyclists then we start fighting 🤬 but it is still better than overworking. Eating good stuff to reward yourself and living with gf / wife / someone also helps as we can't meet with friends.

Thank you for guys sharing your advice, I really appreciate it. Perhaps I need to take some break from my work and take some time  off to do exercise as often as possible, though I can’t see it coming soon since we are still making ends meet. Right now, I’m just listening to some delta waves music my friend told me about that I should listen to whenever I take some break from work. It helps a bit.

Also, I thought I could share this one that I’ve stumbled upon while I looked for articles that give advice on how to be resilient at work and life during this crisis. I hope that you read this too and find some good advice as I have. Merry Christmas everyone. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/mental-health-non-healthcare.html

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes it is very very difficult, to focus on the good things but when I do find myself getting bogged down I go outside for a walk or drive. I put some music on and try to get lost even if just for a short time. I am also a big list maker for both work and home, some list items are all business and some are fun for me, like changing the oil or getting some stuff ready for the season. You’re not alone so I hope that at least gives you some solace.