New customers cannot pay at checkout

graisbeck

Not sure if this issue has just started occuring since v8.0.4, but new customers cannot place an order on my site without first having to register and add card  details. Even if they register and I create/send out an order they get a 'Remote transaction error' (attached). I contacted Stripe and they said it's a WHMCS issue.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Screenshot 2020-12-04 at 16.44.21.png

Edited by graisbeck
Added furrther info

2 hours ago, akust0m said:

Do you happen to have the Tawk To module installed? I found that this was causing this issue after updating from WHMCS 7 to 8.

Yes I do. Thanks for the great info.

How did you get around the issue? Did you add the Tawk To script to somewhere?

Edited by graisbeck

18 hours ago, brian! said:

I know in recent versions of TT, there is an option to add it to the footer from settings (e.g using a hook) rather than manually having to edit footer.tpl to include it... that should avoid the need to use the {literal} tags in the template.

@brian! I've looked at the webhooks option but cannot figure out what the 'Endpoint URL' would be! Could you please point me in the right direction?

4 hours ago, graisbeck said:

I've looked at the webhooks option but cannot figure out what the 'Endpoint URL' would be! Could you please point me in the right direction?

I wasn't really talking about webhooks in the tawkto sense, but rather its configuration within the addon modules settings in WHMCS....

3BcAmDj.png

to enable it, all you should need to do is paste your script code (referred to in TT as the widget code) to the first box (which you can get from the TT dashboard); enter your API Key (again from their dashboard) and tick the "Enable Mod " checkbox.

now in your case, you'll probably have to go back into the footer.tpl template and remove their code manually (to avoid duplication errors).

@brian! I removed the tawkto code from footer.tpl and added the code from the tawkto dashboard to the addon module, also added the API, then enabled it and pressed save. But, nothing appears when viewing the site! The code can be seen in the page source code and I've double checked the dashboard settings.

EDIT: Just noticed this in bottom left of screen

["\r\n

This is the full TT code

<!--Start of Tawk.to Script-->
<script type="text/javascript">
var Tawk_API=Tawk_API||{}, Tawk_LoadStart=new Date();
(function(){
var s1=document.createElement("script"),s0=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];
s1.async=true;
s1.src='https://embed.tawk.to/591ed6d78028bb7327046b63/default';
s1.charset='UTF-8';
s1.setAttribute('crossorigin','*');
s0.parentNode.insertBefore(s1,s0);
})();
</script>
<!--End of Tawk.to Script-->

Edited by graisbeck

3 hours ago, graisbeck said:

Sorry, I should of mentioned that I've tried with Six template and get same issue.

any chance it's just a bad copy & paste ? when I view the source on your site, i'm seeing...

["{literal}\r\n<!--Start of Tawk.to Script-->\r\n<script type=\"text\/javascript\">\r\nvar Tawk_API=Tawk_API||{}, Tawk_LoadStart=new Date();\r\n(function(){\r\nvar s1=document.createElement(\"script\")

whereas when I look on my v8 dev using the addon enable mod option, it's formatted correctly with no literal tags....

(function(){
var s1=document.createElement("script"),s0=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];

apart from the lack of literal tags, the /r/n and the API Key, the content of the scripts looks the same to me - and it works fine (not that helps you!).

I removed all code from addon module, saved, then re-added the code directly from TT dashboard.  I added the literal tags to WHMCS addon module at the request of TawkTo chat support. The [" and  /r/n code only appear when viewing source. It works no problem when added to footer.tpl - but I then get the remote transaction error when trying to make a purchase 🥵

@brian! this is what is in the TT addon mod without the literal tags

(function(){
s1.async=true;
s1.src='https://embed.tawk.to/591ed6d78028bb7327046b63/default';
s1.charset='UTF-8';
s1.setAttribute('crossorigin','*');
s0.parentNode.insertBefore(s1,s0);
})();
</script>
<!--End of Tawk.to Script-->

and this is how the source appears. Square bracket at both ends with r\n\ code inbetween

["<!--Start of Tawk.to Script-->\r\n<script type=\"text\/javascript\">\r\nvar Tawk_API=Tawk_API||{}, Tawk_LoadStart=new Date();\r\n(function(){\r\nvar s1=document.createElement(\"script\"),s0=document.getElementsByTagName(\"script\")[0];\r\ns1.async=true;\r\ns1.src='https:\/\/embed.tawk.to\/591ed6d78028bb7327046b63\/default';\r\ns1.charset='UTF-8';\r\ns1.setAttribute('crossorigin','*');\r\ns0.parentNode.insertBefore(s1,s0);\r\n})();\r\n<\/script>\r\n<!--End of Tawk.to Script-->"]

This is weird! I've not got the slightest clue as to what is going on with this. I'm just going to disable it and see if TT come back with anything interesting!

Thanks @brian! for your help and input.

By the way, is TT v1.0.1 the latest version?

Just answered my own question as I removed then reinstalled the TT module.. no change!

Edited by graisbeck