Add a free product to cart

pRieStaKos

Hello,

I would like to add a free product every time a client adds a specific product from a product group.

I'm trying to find a hook and an API call to use for this, but I cannot find anything related.

Note: Due to complex product configurations and other provisioning actions I cannot use bundles for this.

Any suggestion ?

Thank you in advance

1 minute ago, pRieStaKos said:

Any suggestion ?

use a bundle.... oh i'm joking! 😃

if you had said it was a product addon, i'd have suggested enabling it in the link... but I guess you're going to tell me that it's a product.

the cart uses the session array, so have you tried adding your free product to the $session ?

@brian! Thank you again (typical) for your help. 😅

I managed to add a free product by using `PreCalculateCartTotals` and push a product array in `$_SESSION['cart']['products']`

$addProduct = array(
    "pid" => $customProduct,
    "qty" => "1",
    "domain" => "",
    "billingcycle" => NULL,
    "configoptions" => NULL,
    "customfields" => NULL,
    "addons" => NULL,
    "server" => "");
array_push($_SESSION['cart']['products'], $addProduct);

array pushing the free product into the session should add the product - if you're going to want it to occur after c/o, then you might need to set a conditional statement to check whether c/o X has a value, and only if that's the case to push the array.

you will also need to ensure that you only add it the free product once, e.g if the user refreshes viewcart, ensure that the hook doesn't keep on adding multiple free products.

21 hours ago, brian! said:

array pushing the free product into the session should add the product - if you're going to want it to occur after c/o, then you might need to set a conditional statement to check whether c/o X has a value, and only if that's the case to push the array.

you will also need to ensure that you only add it the free product once, e.g if the user refreshes viewcart, ensure that the hook doesn't keep on adding multiple free products.

I'm already doing it .

The problem is that in action hook "ClientArePageCart" or "PreCalculateCartTotals" the free product is added when you are on configoption page too. I want to add the free product only on Review & Checkout page.

23 hours ago, pRieStaKos said:

The problem is that in action hook "ClientArePageCart" or "PreCalculateCartTotals" the free product is added when you are on configoption page too. I want to add the free product only on Review & Checkout page.

even if you wrap the hook function in an if ($vars['templatefile'] == 'viewcart') { condition to ensure that it only runs on viewcart/checkout ?

3 hours ago, pRieStaKos said:

UPDATE: I finally used "ShoppingCartViewCartOutput" and checking for "noconfig" variable. It worked...

there are plenty of ways to skin a cat! 😼

• 3 years later...

There is a better, less non-invasive way to achieve this.

1.  GoTo [WHMCS] -> [Products & Services] -> [Product Addons] -> [{Product to Add The Products To}] -> [Applicable Products] -> [{Add Preferred Addon To Selected Products}]

2. The on the Hosting Server, Edit the file [{Your Template Folder}] -> [Store} -> [Order.tpl}

3. Find the line [

<form method="post" action="{routePath('cart-order-addtocart')}" id="frmAddToCart">

]

4. Replace it with [

<form method="post" action=" {$WEB_ROOT}/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0" id="frmAddToCart">

]