Transferring a domain to an account

andyhughes73

I have bought a domain on behalf of a customer, through my hosting provider. I would like to attribute this domain to my customer's WHMCS account for invoicing and renewal purposes but I'm not entirely sure how. The WHMCS system is also hosted on the same hosting provider. Not sure that's relevant, probably not.

I have done a search to see if there are other posts but I've drawn a blank and I can't find it in the manual, or maybe I'm misunderstanding how to explain it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

9 minutes ago, andyhughes73 said:

I have done a search to see if there are other posts but I've drawn a blank and I can't find it in the manual, or maybe I'm misunderstanding how to explain it.

https://docs.whmcs.com/Migration_Guide#Adding_Domains

To add a domain without a product:

1. On the Client Summary page, click the "Add New Order" link in the "Actions" panel.
  2. The system will preselect the client. Fill out the rest of the form, beginning with choosing the payment gateway you want their future invoices to use.
  3. Select None from the Product/Service menu.
  4. Select Monthly from the Billing Cycle menu for the product section.
  5. Enter the domain in the Domain textbox and select "Register" as the Domain Registration Option (even if you don't intend to register it immediately).
  6. Choose the number of years you want to invoice the client for at the time of renewal. Select any addons that the user has for their domain.
  7. Deselect the checkboxes for sending an order confirmation and generating an invoice. This will ensure that the client is not emailed about the order you are adding.
  8. Select Active from the Order Status menu. Then, click Submit to add the order to WHMCS.

The system will display the order details page, which will summarise the details of the order you added.

As the final step, go into the domain's information page to enter the correct next due and expiry dates and select the domain's registrar, if a registrar module is present and active. To do this from the order details page, click the appropriate link in the "Item" column. This will take you to the domain details page.