Page title issue after update

Hi,

After updating to v8, Sitelock VPN does not produce a valid page title, it displays as 'store..title'. I have tried downloading a new copy of english.php then uploading to WHMCS>lang> but no change. See image.  Same happens with Six template.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Regards,

Gary

sitelock_vpn_title.jpg

Edited by graisbeck
wording

24 minutes ago, graisbeck said:

Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated.

hmmm... there's a duplicate entry of the string in the language file...

$_LANG['store']['sitelockvpn']['title'] = "SiteLock VPN";

you could take one of them out and see if that fixes it... i'm seeing this occurring on multiple sites, so it's not just yours.

9 minutes ago, brian! said:

hmmm... there's a duplicate entry of the string in the language file...

$_LANG['store']['sitelockvpn']['title'] = "SiteLock VPN";

you could take one of them out and see if that fixes it... i'm seeing this occurring on multiple sites, so it's not just yours.

Nope.. still not correct!

I can only find one v8 site where this works (though finding lots of users sites that don't sell MC products and sadly more that seemed to have stopped trading).

it's a beta1, but the double entry was in the beta1 files too - so didn't get noticed in 3 months... but it can't be that as the site is working (and it's using the same theme as yours)... wish I could work out why it's working (unless an update after b1 has broken this ?)

what must be happening is that WHMCS isn't passing 'sitelockvpn' in the language string variable for use in the pagetitle, so WHMCS then can't find the language string and it just outputs what you're seeing.

if that's the case, it might be temporarily fixable with a simple hook that reset the pagetitle variable on that page...

<?php

function hook_setpagetitle($vars)
{
	if ($vars['templatefile'] == 'store/sitelockvpn/index'){
		$pagetitle = Lang::trans('store.sitelockvpn.title');
		return array("pagetitle" => $pagetitle);
	}	
}
add_hook("ClientAreaPage", 1, "hook_setpagetitle");

if that works (can't test it as I don't have MC enabled in the dev), then it should tide you over until WHMCS decide if the above issue is a bug (it must be).

22 minutes ago, brian! said:

if that works (can't test it as I don't have MC enabled in the dev), then it should tide you over until WHMCS decide if the above issue is a bug (it must be).

@brian! Thanks for that.. It fixed the page title but the breadcrumb is still incorrect. I've raised a ticket with WHMCS.

Thanks again.

Sitelock.jpg

On 16/10/2020 at 16:15, graisbeck said:

Thanks for that.. It fixed the page title but the breadcrumb is still incorrect. I've raised a ticket with WHMCS.

then the hook could be tweaked to modify the last element of the breadcrumb array on this page...

but if WHMCS are aware of this, it's the sort of thing that can be easily hotfixed... if they don't look like they're going to do that, let me know and i'll get the hook to modify the breadcrumb too.