Invalid header value detected

Cata

• WHMCS Developer
1 hour ago, Cata said:

Error: Invalid header value detected

In WHMCS 8 we introduced a new library to import emails when using POP.

This includes a stricter validation of email headers. Unfortunately it would seem that an email in your mailbox has an invalid header.

Whilst at the current time, it would not be possible to import that, if you could open a ticket with the raw email that is causing this issue, we can open a case to investigate how to not have this message occur.

I have the same problem. I have already opened a ticket that is in progress, but still unanswered.

I find it interesting to report that the error happens even when a customer tries to respond to a ticket notification email he received.

I am not able to receive important emails that I received without any problems before this change.

One or more POP3 connections failed:

-----
-----
-----

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi there,

We have received a copy of the messages with the invalid email headers, and have opened case CORE-15420 with the development team to investigate ways of handling such invalid data more elegantly in future.

The examples we've seen have been missing or invalid an email address in the From header.

As a workaround, please delete any messages in your mailbox without a full valid email address in the From address. It may also be possible to configure your mail server to discard or bounce such invalid messages, so they don't make it to the mailbox at-all, please check with your mail server admin on that point.

3 hours ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi there,

We have received a copy of the messages with the invalid email headers, and have opened case CORE-15420 with the development team to investigate ways of handling such invalid data more elegantly in future.

The examples we've seen have been missing or invalid an email address in the From header.

As a workaround, please delete any messages in your mailbox without a full valid email address in the From address. It may also be possible to configure your mail server to discard or bounce such invalid messages, so they don't make it to the mailbox at-all, please check with your mail server admin on that point.

Sorry, but the suggested alternative is not viable, as it is a secure source message that needs to be received as normal as before this update.

I will wait for the support to return, do you have a forecast for launching an update or publishing a hotfix for this problem?

Thank you