SEO advice for you and WHMCS Global Services

Kian

Dear Kian, 

There is nothing we have copied in here, the titles are same because there is nothing extra we can add in these blogs because WHMCS do not have much to highlight, SEO have basic things and we have to add them all. 

We have launched Hetzner Module, AWS modules, OVH modules, with same and extra features team Modules Garden have launched, we will not call them as they have copied our modules. 

The billing extension here we are talking about the default billing module whmcs is using so there is nothing to do with your billing extension. 

Please share your thoughts. 

Thanks

Team WGS

1 hour ago, WGS said:

Please share your thoughts. 

Sure.

Here is a SMALL selection of things you copied from our site without even worrying about using the same exact phrases (I highlighted some - scroll down). But that's not about using the same phrases. Try reading our article and your article. Same topic, same concepts, same phrases and expressions even used in the same order. It's obvious the the author the same (me, not you).

There are probably millions of articles about SEO on the internet and I can't find two that look so similar. Is it a coincidence? Of course not as you repeated the same dirty copy/paste job for other articles we published. It is so cringe. You're telling people «don't do X, do Y instead» while in your own site you are doing X. This clearly doesn't come from you.

Here is the fun part.

I noticed you were copying us long time ago. I even saw you doing it in real time from Chatstack and Google Analytics. You spent like 700 hours on our site idling on articles you copied. As if it wasn't enough, I also noticed clicks coming from your site. Why? Because when you were copying contents from our site, you inadvertedly clicked on some links that were included in the article.

Next. Few weeks ago the "E" on my keyboard started to not work consistently (I had to press "E" harder). When I noticed that, it was already too late. I updated some articles with more text and there were some missing "E". Guess what? I noticed the same problem on your site in the same paragraphs I had to fix.

I respect all my competitors to the point that I have no problem in recommending them to visitors of our site (source).

537207610_4-Copia.thumb.png.823b7904d27604a25d715f4337005242.png

I even have a list of competitors that I'm ready to include in this list as soon as their websites are fully functional (I don't want to link "Coming soon" sites). Same goes for my own customers. I "sold" tens of NicIT and EurID modules by Modulesgarden and some Zomex/WSA plugins. This includes some of your modules. I do not expect anything in return. I just want my customers to "be happy".

Frankly I don't know how you can come here to say that you didn't copy anything 😐 Now I understand what brian was saying about you few years ago.

Katamaze

Content strategy

You don't just sit down and start writing. First you should ask yourself where you want to establish as an authority.

Choose your topic and make a list of contents that address the needs of your audience. In the same time, note down related keywords to include in your articles. This will drive more traffic and naturally attract backlinks.

Speaking of links, as you write contents connect them building internal links. This way search engines understand the structure of your website. They can also establish a hierarchy, allowing you to strengthen your sales funnel.

Stay focused on writing and don't do keyword stuffing. Use descriptive anchor text when linking and don't overuse the same exact text.

WGS

Content strategy

Just sit down and start writing! Do you think this is the way to write the content? No, you have to make a content strategy first. First, choose the topic, figure out your audience, find relevant keywords for your content to drive traffic, and naturally attack backlinks.

When you write the contents, build internal links in the content. This will help search engines to better understand your website structure and establish a hierarchy.

Note: Inserting keywords in the content is important but you need to make sure that you are not doing keyword stuffing. While linking, use descriptive anchor text and avoid using the same text again and again.

ATTACK! Thanks!  ❤️❤️ ❤️❤️ I noticed now that I wrote "attack" instead of "attract". You're even copying my typos 😂

Katamaze

Years ago I would have said that content is king in SEO but things have changed over the past decade.

An amazing content about a topic, no longer grants high ranking on search engines. Writing quality content takes a significant amount of time, effort, expertise and skill. That's not enough for nowadays standards. You also need to work on SEO.

We'll share with you some content writing tips. It may sound obvious, but keep in mind that you're not writing for algorithms but for people. We're saying that because too often sites pump out poor contents for no real reason.

WGS

“Content is King” – You might have been listening to this phrase for years but nothing has changed. It is the same today, just finding engaging topics for the article is not enough, you have to write amazing content high ranking on search engines.

Writing content for the website is not a piece of cake. You have to spend time and effort to do research about the topic, write the content, and proofread it. Not only writing engaging content, but you also need to work on SEO for your content.  

Katamaze

Optimal article length

Figures suggest that search engines are more willing to rank higher pages with a minimum of 1500 words. To put things into perspective, it is approximately equal to 6 pages of an actual book. That doesn't mean you have to think it as a rule.

Use images, formatting, tables and lists to make everything look more visually appealing. No one likes to read a wall of text. This is not always possible especially for technical articles. The key is not to break the rhythm of your text with long paragraphs that tends to put readers off.

WGS

Article length

While writing the content, keep the length of the article optimal. According to the experts, 1,500 to 1,600-word range is the ideal length for the blog posts. Sticking to the same word range is difficult? Well, it is! Don’t worry! You can try writing a blog in this range but it doesn’t mean you have to think of it as a rule.

Reading a wall of text is boring for your audience. You can make your content visually appealing in other ways such as use images, tables, lists, and more. Also, avoid long paragraphs as it can break the rhythm of your text that tends to put readers off.

Katamaze

When a search engine's crawler comes across your content, it looks at the HTML tags to determine how to categorize the material. This opens up a whole new chapter that we will discuss in a dedicated article. Till then, we recommend you to:

• Don't underestimate header tags that go from h1 to h6
  • Use alt attribute for images
  • Learn the importance of rel="nofollow" attribute
  • Understand the difference between b and strong, i and em

WGS

When a search engine’s crawler comes across your content, it looks for HTML tags to determine how to categorize the content. You can enrich your content by including HTML tags such as H1, Strong, and more. We know that understanding all types of tags in one-go is not easy. So, we have four points for you to give an overview of tags and those you can’t underestimate:

• Use header tags from H1 to H6 for all types of headings.
  • For images, use <alt> tag
  • Be familiar with rel=”nofollow” attribute
  • Know the difference between b and strong, i and em

Katamaze

Duplicate titles

Search engines love variety of contents so bad that the use of same titles on pages gives penalties. We know it's hard but each page must have an unique unique and valuable title.

WHMCS doesn't help. It uses the same meaningless titles across multiple pages decreasing CTR. For example all Cart pages are named "Shopping Cart" and registration page is "Register".

None of your potential customers is looking for "Shopping Cart" on Google. Similarly no one looks for "Register". Turn them into something like "Start your website" followed by relevant keywords. Use products names and groups for cart pages.

WGS

Duplicate titles

Search engines don’t like duplicate and same titles on different pages and even give penalties for the same. So, each page should have a valuable and unique title.

Here comes the challenge with WHMCS. Same meaningless titles are used in WHMCS across multiple pages which ultimately decreases CTR. For instance, the same name “Shopping Cart” is there on every Cart page and “Register” on the registration page.

You know that your potential customers are not looking for “Shopping Cart” or “Register” on Google. So, why not add something relevant such as – “Best ways to start your website” or some relevant product name or services for cart pages.

Edited by Kian

The copy/pasted article disappeared. I guess I was right 🤔 I appreciate that the updated version says that...

Original content – The originality of your content has the power to hold the attention of your audience as they have never read anything like that before. New things always attract people whether it be an article or a dress. Above all original content will go well with google. Google will rank original content higher than the copied one. 

Exactly 👍

• Kian unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

@WGS It seems you moved from copying contents to paying money trying to hurt our website with negative SEO. Nicely done 👍 I've got two words for you:

• Stop wasting money. It doesn't work as I know how to deal with negative SEO
  • Do you want me to post details? 😛