setup fee + Paypal subscription

Believe_

Hello,

I was looking to create a product with setup fee, but have a doubt with its payment style. The product cost is $20 and setup fee is $5, so the first payment a client should pay would be $25 and renewals would be $20 going forward. Here the doubt is, when the client make the payment through Paypal it should ask for adding recurring payment subscription to automate future payments. Does this subscription would have the first invoice amount of $25 (including setup fee) or just the product price $20?

If the setup fee include in Paypal subscription, then is there any way to avoid this on Paypal subcriptions? Since the renewal is $20 and Paypal subscription adds for $25, then the extra $5 would be add as credit for nothing and may cause so much confusion.

Can anyone advise me on this working style, and thanks in advance! 🙂

On 28/08/2020 at 14:56, Believe_ said:

I was looking to create a product with setup fee, but have a doubt with its payment style. The product cost is $20 and setup fee is $5, so the first payment a client should pay would be $25 and renewals would be $20 going forward. Here the doubt is, when the client make the payment through Paypal it should ask for adding recurring payment subscription to automate future payments. Does this subscription would have the first invoice amount of $25 (including setup fee) or just the product price $20?

the implication of the docs is that the subscription would be $20...

If an invoice contains both a product, and addons or domains, then any which match the products billing cycle will also be included as part of the subscription. For example, if an invoice contained a product, an addon & a domain, all of which recur on an annual basis, then the PayPal subscription that gets created by WHMCS would be for the total amount of all 3 items so that the subscription would cover everything and pay the renewal invoice in full automatically.

a setup fee isn't recurring, therefore logically it wouldn't match the same cycle condition as the product and shouldn't be included in the subscription amount - though i'm struggling to think of an example where I had a setup fee and a PP subscription was created, so I can't comment on what does happen, just what I think will... support should be able to give you a definitive answer on this.