I keep getting this error:

Site error: the ionCube PHP Loader needs to be installed. This is a widely used PHP extension for running ionCube protected PHP code, website security and malware blocking. Please visit get-loader.ioncube.com for install assistance.

but it is in fact installed and running under PHP 7.2 and I even tried 7.3 can someone please help me with getting this to work.. Thank you

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hello @thereverend

This error indicates that the PHP binary used by your web server does not have ionCube PHP Loader compiled with it or cannot access the ionCube loaders.

Please work with your system administrator or hosting provider and make sure that the server meets the minimum system requirements for the WHMCS version you are using as listed here: https://docs.whmcs.com/System_Requirements

For your reference https://docs.whmcs.com/Ioncube_Installation_Tutorial

I hope this information helps.

On 6/28/2020 at 8:02 PM, thereverend said:

I keep getting this error:

Site error: the ionCube PHP Loader needs to be installed. This is a widely used PHP extension for running ionCube protected PHP code, website security and malware blocking. Please visit get-loader.ioncube.com for install assistance.

but it is in fact installed and running under PHP 7.2 and I even tried 7.3 can someone please help me with getting this to work.. Thank you

How do you know its installed? Most servers can run different PHP versions, it seems to me that:

a) You either installed it for the wrong PHP version you are trying to use with WHMCS (your server runs one PHP version but your WHMCS uses a different one)

b) IonCube is installed but you are not loading it with your PHP version, which means the config (php.ini) is not finding the modules on your server

I would advise to contact your server administrator or hosting company, so they can properly configure Ioncube with your PHP version. If you get that error, it means PHP cannot find Ioncube. It's not really a WHMCS error but related to your server configuration. Your server administrator should be the one helping you with server configuration.

• 6 months later...

An "Ioncube Required" error is caused by a configuration problem with the Ioncube loaders on your server. They might be outdated or missing entirely. 1. Contact your server admin/hosting provider to ensure that the appropriate version of the Ioncube loaders is installed per the System Requirements.

• 2 weeks later...
  • WHMCS Technical Analyst II

@thereverend,

The error has been fixed. It appears that IONCUBE was enabled in one part of WHM but NOT in another.. ODD since Sofatculus uses it as well but.. It's working now

That's correct. 

For others who are experiencing this issue and looking at cPanel as an example.

You need to enable ionCube in WHM at Home » Server Configuration » Tweak Settings

Once completed then enable ionCube for your PHP version(s) in EasyApache at Home » Software » EasyApache 4

If you don't have access to Tweak Settings or EasyApache in your cPanel then your server provider will certainly be able to assist with this.

I hope this helps.

cPanel-tweak-ea-00.png

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different community, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now.