How to customize own addon to looks like market connect addon design

zitu4life

Hello there

I intend to create  news products that will apply specific own addon not existing in market-connect addons. I have created a product on my dev, and also my addons, so on cart page  that I would like to customize those addon to looks   more vivid like  market-connect addons that comes with pictures for example.

image.thumb.png.2f729b0caf63469616d38eb6a79c04f5.png

Here is my addons

image.png.c3307944ccf27c27970fc06f8bbe0164.png

is there possible to start with those from WHMCS marketplace  and edit them?   I do not know where they are located  or even if they are   not  encrypted.   

PS: From WHMCS admin i have realized that   it is not possible to customized it, perhaps tpl files.

Thanks!!

9 hours ago, zitu4life said:

is there possible to start with those from WHMCS marketplace  and edit them?

I wouldn't particularly recommend editing them - adding or removing is certainly possible, but trying to edit existing entries could cause issues - unless you were literally just talking about tweaking the odd bit of text, and not which addon it's being used for.

I do not know where they are located  or even if they are   not  encrypted.   

their array creation is encrypted inside WHMCS, so you would need to manipulate it to include your changes.

PS: From WHMCS admin i have realized that   it is not possible to customized it, perhaps tpl files.

if you had to, you could manipulate the array in Smarty in the template - the shot below was created with 2 (long!) lines of Smarty....

Sjb8kJn.png

... but if you were going to do it in the template, then you might as well just hard code the necessary html.

yeah I know there is a space between MC and Zitu banners, but that's because i've added a new element to the array in Smarty rather than editing the existing element - would be doable in Smarty, but a pain to do.

so in reality, I think that you would have to use a hook for this, and probably for the sake of simplicity, use products rather than addons  - because that would allow you to just use straight add product links, and to remove the need to check whether there are products in the cart that these zitu addons would be applicable to.

if you were insistent on using addons rather than products, then I would suggest you do this at the configureproduct stage rather than at viewcart... and that should remove some of the conditionality issues.

another reason why I said a hook would be preferable is because you will need to pull pricing from the database - you could do it in the template using a feed if you really had to, but hooking would be cleaner.

also, you could make your banners multilingual (which I don't believe that the MC banners are by default) - so you would then have the option of showing the content in English or Portuguese depending on the users language choice.

there would also need to be CSS changes too if your banners needed to look like the MC banners (or probably even if they don't!)... and certainly to bypass the JS used for these MC addons too.

sadly, there's no quick hook that I can give you because the majority of it will be dependent upon what you want to do, how you want them to look etc.