Network Status widget Critical Avg. load now

zitu4life

Hello there

I have a VPS with few cpanel accounts...Last week I got some wordpress hosted (and looks that wordpress sites requests more server hardware), and maybe server load may increase a little...

So, as my server is small and got few accounts I do not have experience when bellow values would be critical.

image.png.833ddab4a346ca7dede43718701ea358.png

Avg load will increase for 0 to 1 or it could be up to 1 or 1,5 or 2 ?

From what values should I start getting more attention?

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hey @zitu4life,

You’re asking a very expansive question there and certainly one you want to be asking of your server administrator or hosting provider.  The reason for this is it vastly depends on the environment you are using. As a very basic example...A server with one CPU core that has a single process running at 100% all of the time would have a load average of 1.0, however, a server with four CPU cores, the load average would be 4.0 where the CPU’s are being fully utilised.  You probably want to be concerned when the server is overloaded, in other words, the CPU(s) running over capacity. How you to determine that is based upon the server configuration/environment itself (which I gave a basic example of).

I hope this helps. 

• 2 years later...