Client area security question duplicated

I've checked the settings in the ADMIN area and I only have the one security question but for some reason it's showing up twice in the client area:

whmcs-client-security-question-duplicate

I've tried adding additional security questions and the new ones show up in the drop down, but the 1st one stays there.

How do I make it so only the drop down box is shown?

6 hours ago, Ron the Web Guy said:

I am still seeing the extra security question field when signed into the #1 client account. I have tested the other client accounts and they do not show the extra security question field so it looks like it is limited/related to the #1 client account only??

I would consider this expected behaviour of Six - the reason why you're seeing it twice is because this client has already entered an answer to a security question - so the template is showing the question they chose and a field for the answer...

d1ViaNB.png

that field is left blank in case they want to change their security question and/or answer - in order to do so, then will have to enter their existing answer again.

after an answer has been updated, the template has access to the answer, so in the current session, it will show the answer (hidden as a password).

CFRFsS4.png

if you had to, you could either get the page to show it by default if it exists - that's just a tweak to the template... either as a hidden password field or as text.

4 hours ago, brian! said:

I would consider this expected behaviour of Six - the reason why you're seeing it twice is because this client has already entered an answer to a security question - so the template is showing the question they chose and a field for the answer...

d1ViaNB.png

that field is left blank in case they want to change their security question and/or answer - in order to do so, then will have to enter their existing answer again.

after an answer has been updated, the template has access to the answer, so in the current session, it will show the answer (hidden as a password).

CFRFsS4.png

if you had to, you could either get the page to show it by default if it exists - that's just a tweak to the template... either as a hidden password field or as text.

Got it. That makes sense now that you've explained it. I will leave this alone and not submit a ticket. Thanks for the extra info/context.