Client Cart Looping Through Domain Search & Product List

jburns

I'm using a custom theme from the WHMCS Marketplace, and having issues with the checkout process.
I've never created a custom theme for WHMCS so I'm not even sure where the file with the issue would be. The issue listed below does not happen when I switch back to the Six theme.

The first issue I noticed was testing a new Shared Hosting registration, where I kept running through a loop. Here are the steps I was taken through:

• Select hosting package link from main website ({WHMCS}/cart.php?a=add&pid=2)
  • Land on domain selection page (I opted to use an existing domain)
  • Land on hosting package options -> choose hosting package (again)
  • Land back on domain selection page ... etc

When choosing to register a new domain, it follows the same steps (does not lookup the domain name).

No errors are displayed (in front end or admin panel log - I do have error logs on).

Any ideas?

Hi Justin,

5 hours ago, jburns said:

I'm using a custom theme from the WHMCS Marketplace, and having issues with the checkout process. The issue listed below does not happen when I switch back to the Six theme.

if you've paid for it, then your first port of call should be to contact the developers of your theme - knowing that it works on Six, but not on the custom, certainly implies the issue is with the custom theme... I doubt WHMCS Support would touch this if you contacted them.

i've never created a custom theme for WHMCS so I'm not even sure where the file with the issue would be.

even if you knew, that might not help.

Any ideas?

my guess would be an outdated install or outdated theme.. e.g the version of the template is not designed for your installed WHMCS release - that might occur if you updated WHMCS, but then don't update the custom template or even check whether the template has been updated for the current version.

so my first suggestion would be to check that you're using the correct version of the theme for your WHMCS install.... after that, i'd suggest contacting the developer as they will know more about their own theme than anyone here - especially when you don't even name it.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an older post but ive noticed on a couple of installs the same thing happening both with custom templates and when setting the systpl=twenty-one call in the url

1. check for a domain
  2. add domain to cart
  3. add hosting
  4. choose to use the domain already in the cart 

it then loops back to the domain ordering page

same happens when trying to add a recommended addon product as well....

any ideas on how to diagnose this issue?

do i need to go thru and remove all hooks and plugins or something to see if one of them are causing this?

Edited by theozsnowman