ID Protect Issue in Enom (WARNING)

Si

Hi,

I had gone to my enom account over the past 2-3 weeks and searched for several domains that I might have wanted to register in the future. They were all in my shopping cart in enom.

My own customers have registered domains and renewed domains through WHMCS with no issues. However, this morning a customer registered a domain and ordered ID Protect at the same time.

The domain was registered ok.

However, when the Id Protect was paid for through WHMCS and Enom, EVERYTHING in my shopping cart was also checked out as well. This means I have just been charged 'quite a lot of money' in one go, for several domain names which I did not want.

This needs fixed, and in the meantime I will never place any items in my enom shopping cart again. Big Lesson Learnt!!!

Si

To update on this:

I had a response from enom within the hour.

ENOM SUPPORT: Thank you for your inquiry, I am not sure as to why the API mistakenly registered all the items in your shopping cart, if you are using specific software to send API commands to our servers there may be a bug within that software. However there is nothing to worry about, as per your request I have now deleted the domains from our systems and am currently in the process of issuing you with a refund. Once the refund has successfully been issued, I will let you know so you can double check, in the meantime if you have any further inquiries, do not hesitate to let me know.

Si

Well, almost.

I had items in my 'enom' shopping cart (on the enom site), that were purchased when a customer of mine on my site (through WHMCS) purchased id protection on one of her own domains.

In other words, when WHMCS told enom to process the id protect order for my customer, everything in my enom shopping cart account was processed as well.

Si