How to change cancellation request action

mauwiks

11 hours ago, mauamolat said:

Is there a way or a hook to change the cancellation request into "Cancelling" instead of Terminating accounts? Or else to auto check the "auto-cancellation when due"

you could disable automatic termination by unticking the "Cancellation Requests" checkbox in Automation Settings.

https://docs.whmcs.com/Products_Management#Cancelling_a_Product.2FService

18 hours ago, mauamolat said:

Yes, but I want it to be enabled not to terminate accounts but to just cancel

then you could use the PreModuleTerminate hook to abort the termination - though you'd have to check that the service was being terminated due to being cancelled rather than for any other reason and react accordingly....

also, I think it terminates first and then updates the status to cancelled (someone correct me if i'm wrong on that) - so if you're interrupting the termination, you might need to adjust the status to cancelled with a quick SQL update query or by using the UpdateClientProduct API.

depending on what the service is, just marking it as cancelled in WHMCS won't stop the service from actually existing, e.g if this was a hosting account, the client would still be able to use the account - it's just that by marking it as cancelled, it will prevent future invoicing by WHMCS.

1 hour ago, mauamolat said:

How about suspending instead?

if it's a hosting service, that would be better... though the same answer would basically still apply, e.g you prevent termination with a hook, suspend the service (using ModuleSuspend) and then change it's service status to cancelled.

and if you're wondering why i'm suggesting still changing its status to cancelled and not suspended, it's because suspended services will still get invoiced for, cancelled/terminated services won't.

if you wanted to do the suspending manually, and if the associated module supports it, then there will be suspend / unsuspend buttons on the product tab in the clients profile.