ZERO Recurring Amount for services

Craft

I have some clients where I deal with them personally not via my WHMCS system, but I registered all their services in 1 account only in my WHMCS system as a normal client to just get notified with their renewal date!

But their billing is separate from my normal clients which are using my WHMCS system automatically, so I changed the "Recurring Amount" to "0.00" for all their services.

Now I have only one issue. On the due date, I find that the service is being renewed automatically because its "Recurring Amount" is "0.00" and at the same time, I don't want to change the "Recurring Amount" to any other amount because I don't want to see their amounts in my total billing summary as a profit.

Any suggestions?

On 12/03/2020 at 18:22, Craft said:

I have some clients where I deal with them personally not via my WHMCS system, but I registered all their services in 1 account only in my WHMCS system as a normal client to just get notified with their renewal date!

personally, I wouldn't have added them to WHMCS as services - especially if WHMCS is not going to be involved directly in their billing... i'd have kept them outside of WHMCS, or if I really had to do it in WHMCS, i'd have maybe used the calendar or todo (not that you can have recurring todos natively).

however, you are where you are.

On the due date, I find that the service is being renewed automatically because its "Recurring Amount" is "0.00"

that's normal.

and at the same time, I don't want to change the "Recurring Amount" to any other amount because I don't want to see their amounts in my total billing summary as a profit.

couldn't you make them recurring at 0.01 and not pay the invoices ?

if you're talking of the billing widget, then I think only paid invoices are accounted for as income... so if you don't pay (or mark as) the invoices, and assuming CIG is enabled, then it shouldn't have an impact on "income".

3 hours ago, brian! said:

personally, I wouldn't have added them to WHMCS as services - especially if WHMCS is not going to be involved directly in their billing... i'd have kept them outside of WHMCS, or if I really had to do it in WHMCS, i'd have maybe used the calendar or todo (not that you can have recurring todos natively).

however, you are where you are.

that's normal.

couldn't you make them recurring at 0.01 and not pay the invoices ?

if you're talking of the billing widget, then I think only paid invoices are accounted for as income... so if you don't pay (or mark as) the invoices, and assuming CIG is enabled, then it shouldn't have an impact on "income".

hmm, I think I have a better idea and I need your advice.

When I purchase any service for these kinds of customers, I use a promo-code with price override ($0).

What about using the same promo-code to renew the services?, but I don't see an option to use a promo-code in paying the generated invoices as it's not a cart!

20 hours ago, Craft said:

When I purchase any service for these kinds of customers, I use a promo-code with price override ($0).

it would be simpler to put this client in it's own client group, give it a 100% discount and then the need for a promo code is removed.

however, that's missing the point of your issue - it's the fact that the invoices are zero that makes WHMCS pay them automatically - the quick way to prevent that is to not make them zero!

6 minutes ago, brian! said:

it would be simpler to put this client in it's own client group, give it a 100% discount and then the need for a promo code is removed.

however, that's missing the point of your issue - it's the fact that the invoices are zero that makes WHMCS pay them automatically - the quick way to prevent that is to not make them zero!

Ok, I'll not make them ZERO, but is there an option to use a promo-code on renewal products?

14 minutes ago, Craft said:

is there an option to use a promo-code on renewal products?

you can add a promotion code to an existing service from the products tab in the admin client summary - it used to work on renewals, but I haven't tried it for a while so I don't know for sure.

a client group discount would work on renewals.

42 minutes ago, brian! said:

you can add a promotion code to an existing service from the products tab in the admin client summary - it used to work on renewals, but I haven't tried it for a while so I don't know for sure.

a client group discount would work on renewals.

Ok, thank you 🙂