Multiple Recurring invoices per customer

gks

Hi All,

Used to use WHMCS many years ago, just got a new system setup and ready to start merging customer invoices over from Xero.

Currently we have the following in Xero,

Customer A may get 6 invoices at the start of the month. Example below

A services x 40
B services x 20
C services x 15
D services x 200
E services x 12
F services x 50

I guess 'm trying to do the same thing in WHMCS however when I add all the services they just come through in one invoice.

Is there a way to split Products/Services to separate invoices?

3 minutes ago, zitu4life said:

what if you just change due date from those product/service. it will just get different invoice.

That won't work as we have multiple products that are invoiced at the start of the month for that month.

bloody hell, I've spent months getting the system setup and running only to find this can't be done. Seems like such a simple thing.

Any suggestions on someone that would be able to customise this? create an addon?

I need to look at alternative systems now.

Please help me to understand what you mean. Let's say that a customer has the following services:

• 3x Hosting Silver
  • 1x Hosting Bronze
  • 1x Hosting Platinum

The first day of every month you want to issue 3 invoices like follows:

• 1x Invoice for 3x Hosting Silver
  • 1x Invoice for 1x Hosting Bronze
  • 1x Invoice for 1x Hosting Platinum

Is it correct? If so, there are modules that let you to issue monthly invoices but the final result will be a single invoice that contains all 5 services.

Alternatively you could use manual invoicing where you can decide if/when/what you want to bill. This way you can get what you want but your manual intervention is required.

On 2/15/2020 at 9:28 AM, Kian said:

Please help me to understand what you mean. Let's say that a customer has the following services:

• 3x Hosting Silver
  • 1x Hosting Bronze
  • 1x Hosting Platinum

The first day of every month you want to issue 3 invoices like follows:

• 1x Invoice for 3x Hosting Silver
  • 1x Invoice for 1x Hosting Bronze
  • 1x Invoice for 1x Hosting Platinum

Is it correct? If so, there are modules that let you to issue monthly invoices but the final result will be a single invoice that contains all 5 services.

Alternatively you could use manual invoicing where you can decide if/when/what you want to bill. This way you can get what you want but your manual intervention is required.

Hi Kian,

We have out IT "services" listed as products, Ie Managed Services, Internet connections, Software

All I'm looking to do is have a single recurring invoice for each service group so make invoicing simpler

1st of month, 1 x invoice for Managed Services
1st of month, 1 x invoice for Internet
1st of month, 1 x invoice for Antivirus

I overlooked this thinking it would be possible, we can't have things on one invoice some customers are around $60,000 per month so i don't want a 15 page invoice to go to them, they simply can't reconcile services.

Got it.

Okay then for sure WHMCS doesn't support this scenario but it's 100% doable with custom scripts. You need to play with A LOT of hooks and crazy stuff. That's what made me what I am today... a psychopath developer 🤣if you want I can share with you more details tomorrow.

Edited by Kian

• 3 years later...

Hi there. A bit late but I think you can accomplish the behavior you are describing by adding your clients to a Client group and enabling the Separate Invoices option as documented here.

If you want to enable separate invoices only for specific clients, you can enable the Separate Invoices  option under the client's Profile tab.