transfer domains

blinddog

When customers select that they wish to

"I want to transfer my domain to Blinddog Hosting" in the order process the domain name always comes up that it is unavailable and they cannot continue with the order. But if the client wants to transfer their domain does that not stand to reason that yes, it is registered - or am I just missing something?

When you go thru the order process, step 1 is to select the hosting package - step 2 is Domain Options. Within here there are three options that customers can select

----------------

I want Blinddog Hosting to register a new domain for me.

I want to transfer my domain to Blinddog Hosting

I will update my nameservers on an existing domain Or I will register a new domain.

---------------

If they already have a domain name and wish to transfer it to me the select

"I want to transfer my domain to Blinddog Hosting"

and put there domain in the space provided.

When they select continue the box saying choose domains comes up, but of course their domain says "status unavailable" and you cannot continue the order.

Is this correct? As I would have thought that if a customer wants to transfer their domain that yes it is already registered.

https://blinddog.org/bdhost/order.php?step=2

Listen (read) whats being said here:

1) If you are registering a new domain, the whois lookup checks to make sure

that the domain is not registered. If its not registered - it says so and allows you to register it.

RESULT: = Domain Not Registered = Available for Registration

2) If you are transferring a domain, the whois lookup checks TO MAKE SURE THE DOMAIN IS REGISTERED. Obviously you cannot transfer a domain that isn't registered. So what you are seeing, in a transfer lookup if the domain is showing as unavailable is that the domain is NOT REGISTERED, so therefore cannot be transferred.

RESULT: = Domain Not Registered = CANNOT TRANSFER A NON-REGISTERED DOMAIN

There is a difference here.

Its got nothing to do with WHMCS not allowing you to transfer domains like you do with your domain registry company, its to do with the fact that the domain being entered cannot be transferred because it hasn't been registered by anyone yet. So the client should register it, not transfer it.

Si

Well, check this out.

I've just gone to your own site, and ordered a hosting package and said I want to REGISTER that domain and it tells me that sweetandsour.com.au is available for me to register.

So something is wrong in your whois setup for .com.au domains.

The domain IS registered....but your .com.au setup must be wrong somewhere.

Si

P.S. There is something wrong with the SSL cert on your site (warnings given) and images etc are not being referenced securely.